Blurb Launches B3 - A New Business-To-Business Membership Program
Blurb, the creative book publishing service, today introduced B3, the Blurb Business to Business program. B3 membership gives creative professionals and businesses the control, print consistency, and direct support options required when making Blurb books in connection with their work.
A highlight of the program is the Custom Workflow feature, which provides a higher degree of color control and consistency across book orders. B3 members can use Blurb’s standard workflow at Blurb's regular pricing, or select B3 Custom Workflow as a premium upgrade. B3 Custom Workflow books are printed exclusively on the HP Indigo 5500.
A limited number of exclusive B3 charter memberships are available now. Paid annual subscriptions will be available later this year.
"Providing a custom profile that enables photographers to accurately soft proof their images - so what they see on their monitors is what they get in print - has been the holy grail for enthusiast and professional photographers alike," said Eileen Gittins, Blurb’s founder and CEO. "The professional market - both communications professionals and creative professionals, have been adopting Blurb in droves. We realized that this segment needed deeper support services in addition to Custom Workflow - and we are pleased to announce B3 in support of the professional markets - our fastest growing user base."
B3 launches with the following features:
Expanded Support and Premium Services
- B3 Order Desk - Staffed by Blurb employees who can be reached via a toll-free phone number, the order desk can help with custom quotes, order status, and provide fast answers to most questions.
- Expedited Email Support - Sometimes email really is the most efficient way to communicate. The B3 support team will respond to email the same business day and often within a few of hours.
- Rush Production - Pay extra for a three to four business day turnaround. Coming soon.
Custom Workflow - Premium Upgrade
- ICC Profile specially calibrated to the Blurb back-end as part of the Custom Workflow upgrade. This ICC profile enables soft proofing of images to ensure that what you see is what you will get in your printed Blurb books.
- Custom Workflow ensures that Blurb books are printed on the same dedicated HP Indigo print device each and every time. These dedicated machines will be regularly checked and calibrated to assure consistent quality output over time.
Additional Business /Technical Information and Community
Members-only area of the B3 website includes:
- Instructional videos
- Downloadable PDFs on color management, image preparation, design guides, and more.
- Pro Forums
- Newsletters with timely and relevant information
"HP technology helps generate and fulfill print demand from Internet sites like Blurb.com, and it is the type of application that is central to HP’s Print 2.0 philosophy," said Rich Raimondi, vice president and general manager, U.S. Graphic Arts Organization, HP. "Since its launch, Blurb has used the HP Indigo digital press to ensure superior output and consistency for its on-demand printing. HP’s commitment to the publishing market, combined with Blurb’s depth of service and support, ensures that, through B3, Blurb’s business customers have the ultimate resource for creating and publishing professional-quality books."
To create and publish a Blurb book, all users start by downloading Blurb BookSmart® software from the Blurb Web site. Blurb’s BookSmart software is free, runs on a Mac or PC, and offers a wide variety of book layouts created by professional book designers. The software enables anyone to affordably make, share, market, and sell beautiful, bookstore-quality books.
Blurb® was founded on the premise that everyone – not just the talented few – should be able to publish, share, and distribute beautifully realized books with first class production values. By creating a business model that enables the company to profit on a unit of one, Blurb has opened up the world of publishing to everyone who has access to a computer and a story to tell.
Blurb's indie publishing platform offers the ability to design, publish, share, market, distribute, and sell both digital and print books. Further, Blurb puts independent publishers in full control by providing a comprehensive publishing toolkit: a suite of free book design tools including Blurb BookWright™, an Adobe InDesign® plugin and Adobe Lightroom® integration, a variety of print and distribution options, book format and paper choices, and online selling and social sharing tools.
Launched in 2006 by CEO Eileen Gittins, Blurb now enjoys global scale via more than one million book authors, resulting in nearly three million unique book titles so far.