Blurb Launches Business-To-Business Membership Program In Europe
Blurb, the creative book publishing service, today announced the European launch of its B3 program. Membership in B3 - the Blurb Business to Business program - gives creative professionals and businesses the control, print consistency, and direct support options required when making Blurb books in connection with their work.
A highlight of the program is the Custom Workflow feature, which provides a higher degree of color control and consistency across book orders. B3 members can use Blurb's standard workflow at Blurb's regular pricing, or select B3 Custom Workflow as a premium upgrade. B3 Custom Workflow books are printed exclusively on the HP Indigo press 5500, using a custom ICC profile that's designed for a specific printer, rip process, paper, and ink.
A limited number of exclusive B3 charter memberships are now available across Europe. Paid annual subscriptions will be available later this year. More information is available at www.blurb.com.
"Providing a custom profile that enables photographers to accurately soft proof their images - so what they see on their monitors is what they get in print - has been the holy grail for enthusiast and professional photographers alike," said Eileen Gittins, Blurb's founder and CEO. "The professional market - both communications professionals and creative professionals - has been adopting Blurb in droves, and we quickly realized that this segment needs access to Custom Workflow and a variety of other tools. B3 has been an excellent addition to our services in the US, and we are pleased to announce that the program can now support the European professional market."
B3 Europe contains the following features:
Custom Workflow - Premium Upgrade
- Custom Workflow ensures that Blurb books are printed on the same dedicated HP Indigo print device each and every time. These dedicated machines are regularly checked and calibrated, to assure consistent quality output.
- ICC Profile specially calibrated to the Blurb back-end as part of the Custom Workflow upgrade. This ICC profile enables soft proofing of images to ensure that what you see is what you will get in your printed Blurb books. By using Custom Workflow, your book will have more neutral blacks, better contrast, color saturation and fidelity, and improved shadow detail.
Additional Business /Technical Information and Community
Members-only area of the B3 website includes:
- Instructional videos that walk members through B3 Custom Workflow set up.
- Downloadable PDFs on color management, workflow, image prep, and more.
- Pro Forums (coming soon)
- Newsletter featuring professional book design and marketing ideas from Blurb and other B3 members.
Expanded Support and Premium Services
- Expedited Email Support -The B3 support team will respond to email within the same business day, and often in just a few hours.
- B3 Order Desk- The B3 support team will soon offer order status, custom quote, and other support via phone to European customers. Coming soon.
"Blurb has used the HP Indigo press 5500 since its launch to ensure superior output and consistency for its on-demand printing," said Ernest Sales, Head of Graphic Sales EMEA, HP. "Web-to-print applications are central to our Print 2.0 philosophy, and HP technology facilitates the generation and fulfillment of print by on-line suppliers like Blurb.com. HP's commitment to the publishing market, combined with Blurb's depth of service and support, ensures that, through B3, Blurb's European business customers have the ultimate resource for creating and publishing professional-quality books."
To create and publish a Blurb book, all users start by downloading Blurb BookSmart® software from the Blurb Web site. Blurb's BookSmart software is free, runs on a Mac or PC, and offers a wide variety of book layouts created by professional book designers. The software enables anyone to affordably make, share, market, and sell beautiful, bookstore-quality books.
Blurb® is a creative publishing and marketing platform that unleashes the creative genius inside everyone. Blurb’s platform makes it easy to design, publish, market and sell professional-quality books, using the Blurb Bookify™ online bookmaking tool, Blurb’s free, award-winning Blurb BookSmart® app or by using Blurb’s PDF to Book workflow. Blurb’s bookstore and online marketing tools enable customers to market and sell their books, and keep 100% of their profit. Blurb’s social and community features allow customers to create and share Blurb books among friends and colleagues with ease.
Blurb was founded by Eileen Gittins in 2005, and includes a team of design, Internet and media veterans who share a passion for helping people bring their stories to life. In 2010, Blurb shipped over 1.4 million books to 69 countries. In 2010, Blurb was ranked the fastest growing media company on the Inc. 500. Blurb is based in San Francisco with offices in London. For more info, visit www.blurb.com.