This book provides a comprehensive description of the Long Term Evolution (LTE) radio access network, as specified by 3GPP. The content is aimed towards anyone wishing to learn the basics, or to develop a more thorough understanding. The content is presented in the form of bullet points to keep it concise and to allow rapid access to the key information.
Companion website: www.lte-bullets.com
• Complete text is presented as bullet points
• Can be read with ease and in less time
• Illustrations and tables are presented in full colour
• Content includes both introductory and advanced topics
• Detailed description of air-interface, bit rates and physical channels
• Most important messages and signalling procedures explained
• Idle mode and physical layer procedures presented
• Practical radio network planning subjects addressed
Chris Johnson has worked on LTE for the past 3 years. He has worked in mobile telecommunications for the last 16 years, spending most of this time focused on UMTS. Chris has been employed by Nokia Siemens Networks for the past 10 years. He is currently a Principle Engineer at Nokia Siemens Networks and is based in the UK. Chris has previously authored the ‘Radio Access Networks for UMTS – Principles and Practice’ title and has contributed content within the ‘Radio Network Planning and Optimisation for UMTS’ and ‘HSDPA/HSUPA for UMTS’ titles. These titles have been published by John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
LTE in BULLETS (paperback) Published April 14, 2010