About the Book
I have lived in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, for the past two years. During this time we have traveled often to see various parts of this beautiful country. Though photography is only my hobby it is a great passion of mine, and this book represents two year’s work to capture the people of Malaysia in real-time, with no staging. There are over 80 photos in this collection that I hope you will enjoy at least half as much as I did taking them. I hope that this book helps you understand why we love Malaysia, and its people.
The book is loosely organized into four sections:
(1) In and around Kuala Lumpur includes photographs from Chinatown, Brickfields, Kampung Baru, Little India, and some of the landmarks around Kuala Lumpur like the PETRONAS Twin Towers;
(2) Melaka - my favorite city to visit with its authentic Chinatown and excellent food;
(3) Batu Caves - a series of Hindu temples just outside the Kuala Lumpur city center and
(4) a smaller series of pictures from other interesting places like Penang and some of the beautiful islands of Malaysia.
Features & Details
- Category Travel
Large Format Landscape, 13×11 in, 33×28 cm
- Publish Date Sep 27, 2010
- Tags Chow kit wet market, Cheng Hoon Teng Temple, Kampung Kling, Sze Ya, PETRONAS twin towers, Kampung Baru, Little India, Batu Caves, Jalan Alor, Kuala Lumpur, Hinduism, Islam, Buddhism, worship, thaipusam, mosque, temple, portraiture, portrait, food, Sipadan, Malay, Chinese, Indian, Brickfields, Chinatown, Penang, Malacca, Melaka, Malaysia