About the Book
Stairs have always been a fascinating photographic subject. They provide excellent opportunities to work with patterns, lines, angles, geometry, repetition, and vanishing points.
The photos in this book were taken between 2006 and 2010, in different locations in Germany, the Netherlands, the United Kingdom and the United States of America. In times of elevators and escalators being the increasingly preferred modes of vertical transportation, the book is trying to make a case for stairs. They are beautiful, healthy and environmentally sustainable.
Features & Details
- Category Arts & Photography
Small Square, 7×7 in, 18×18 cm
- Hardcover, Dust Jacket: 9781457981180
- Softcover: 9781457981173
- Hardcover, ImageWrap: 9781457981197
- Publish Date Nov 15, 2010
- Language English
- Tags art, buildings, England, UK, America, Netherlands, Germany, architecture, staircases, stairs, photography
Vegan cyclist, social media addict, lesbian environmentalist, German expat living in the Netherlands and married to an American. Multiple academic degrees and too many interests, which makes it tough to concentrate on any one thing.