Preview
Click to preview Il Mulino fortificato di Monteroni D'Arbia photo book

Monteroni era alla metà del '200 un modesto villaggio del contado di Siena. Il suo sviluppo medievale fu legato all'organizzazione e all'espansione patrimoniale dello Spedale di Santa Maria della Scala, che acquistò terre intorno a Monteroni dagli inizi di quel secolo. L'edificio di maggior rilievo è un mulino fortificato che risale ai primi decenni del Trecento, fatto costruire dallo Spedale di Santa Maria della Scala. Recentemente restaurato e recuperato, il molino si presenta come un'imponente struttura a torrione fatta di mattoni, con, alla base sul lato est, un gioco di archi per l'uscita del l'acqua proveniente dalla gora posteriore. Nel 1382 i residenti di Monteroni avanzarono un'istanza alla Repubblica perché il luogo, allora incluso nel vicariato di Lucignano d'Arbia, fosse istituito in sede vicariale autonoma; ma la richiesta non fu accolta. Monteroni costituì una posizione strategica di un certo rilievo nel corso della guerra di Siena. Nel 1554, durante la guerra, fu assalito e conquistato dalle truppe imperiali, passando sotto il domino fiorentino alla fine della guerra.
Al confine delle Crete senesi, il territorio di Monteroni è circondato da numerosi borghi ed edifici di notevole interesse architettonico: dirigendosi verso Buonconvento si incontra Lucignano d'Arbia con la chiesa di San Giovanni Battista, che conserva una Crocifissione cinquecentesca di Bartolomeo Neroni, detto "il Riccio".

Monteroni was'200 half of a modest village of the county of Siena. Its development was linked to the medieval and the expansion of international investment Hospital of Santa Maria della Scala, which bought land around Monteroni the beginning of this century. The most important building is a fortified flour mill that dates back to the early decades of the fourteenth century, built by the Hospital of Santa Maria della Scala. Recently restored and recovered, the plant looks like an imposing structure made of brick tower, with the base on the east side, a game strings for the release of water from gora rear. In 1382 residents of a Monteroni advanced to the Republic for the place, then included in the Vicariate of Lucignano of Arbia, was established in vicarial autonomous, but the request was not accepted. Monteroni constituted a strategic position of some importance in the war of Corsican Siena. In 1554, during the war, was attacked and conquered by imperial troops, passing under the Florentine dominoes at the end of the war.
On the border of Crete Senesi, the territory of Monteroni is surrounded by numerous villages and buildings of great architectural interest: heading towards Buonconvento meets Lucignano of Arbia with the church of St. John the Baptist, which sixteenth of a Crucifixion Bartholomew Neroni, said " The Riccio

galex59

About the Author

Alessandro Gambetti
galex59 Italy

Biography/Curriculum

Alessandro Gambetti was born in Vicchio del Mugello (Florence) in 1959.
In 1977 he got his Diploma at the Liceo Artistico and in 1983 he got his Diploma in painting at the Accademia di belle Arti (The fine Arts Academy) of Florence.
From 1999 he is a regular art teacher at Scuola media in Siena.
In the same year one of his painting’s picture is choosen by the Amburgo’s Agency (Germany) for an important advertising compaign
In 2001 he is nominated academicians for the International Academy “Greci Marino” (literature, art and science Academy of Verbano in Vinzaglio-Novara).
He took part to several public artistic exhibitions like Arte Padova in Padova, “Cromaticos” ( a painting exhibition in Castello Estense in Ferrara),art-expo in New York (USA) and more recently at the show “Firenze Arte” (the Pergola art gallery in Florence), finalist artist at seventh edition “National Price of painting and Sculpture “Città di Novara” Novara, at the first edition of Biennal Exh

Publish Date  November 24, 2010

Dimensions  Large Format Landscape  120 pgs   Standard Paper

Category  Travel

Tags  , , , , ,

Comments (0)

Quantity

Blurb Sites

© 2014 Blurb