Vanishing Irwin County
Photographs by Brian Brown
by Brian Brown
Ebook, Apple iPad format
About the Book
This is the first book in a series based on my website, Vanishing South Georgia, and these images were made in the area around my hometown. Like many places in rural America, Irwin County is losing much of its identity as structures and communities fade back into the landscape. Hopefully, the images I've captured will help preserve its essence.
Features & Details
- Category Arts & Photography
Standard Landscape, 10×8 in, 25×20 cm
- Hardcover, Dust Jacket: 9781320047500
- Softcover: 9781320047494
- Hardcover, ImageWrap: 9781320047517
- Publish Date Aug 10, 2011
- Language English
- Tags Old Houses, Tobacco Barns, Vanishing South Georgia, Brian Brown, Irwin County, Copyright Brian Brown, Georgia, Photography, Churches, Barns, Photographer, Wiregrass
I've been seriously photographing the small towns and countryside of South Georgia for the past four years, though my first efforts were made in the mid-1990s. As a historian, I am happy to use the camera as the ultimate preservation tool. Please visit my website, linked above, for more information...