A Camp on Plum Lake
The All-American World of the Oldest Camp West of the Alleghenies
by Tim Bachmann
A Camp on Plum Lake is a one of a kind coffee table book for serious collectors of American history/photography and fans of Camp Highlands for Boys and Plum Lake in Wisconsin's North Woods.
- Blurb Editor's Choice
- 440 pages
- 11" x 13" - Largest Format
- 564 Historic Photographs
- The University of Chicago and Camp Highlands
- All the great lantern slides
- A Brief History of Summer Camp
- Camp Minocqua
- Camp Winnepe
- Warwick Woods
- Excerpts from "The Dinglebat"
- Excerpts from "To Brag Little, To Show Well"
- Wilmot Island, including the newly written remembrances of Curtis Roosevelt
- White's Island
- Goodspeed Island
- Hook's Point
- Excerpts from "Lake People"
- America the Beautiful
- Tributes to Doc, Norvil Beeman and Harold Monilaw
- Highlands Hall of Fame
- Highlands and the Heisman
- Photos that appear with 'scaling' will not appear like this once printed - they print up fine.
- ImageWrap cover does not include front and back flap content
- Let me know you have purchased a book and I will send you a DVD slideshow.
- Contact Tim Bachmann with questions and comments: firstname.lastname@example.org
During the summer of 2007, I morphed into an archivist for Camp Highlands for Boys (as a parergon, or side project to my day job). The catalyst was the phenomenal collection of glass lantern slides and photographs hidden away in Camp's old office building. This led to an archival website, which has taken on a life of its own. But how to get the highlights of the Archives into a book? Also, how do we capture the essence of each era at Camp Highlands? Thus, my first effort at a coffee table book...On Mike - A True Highlands Man. Five books followed: A Camp on Plum Lake, Historic Photographs from the Magical Archives, Sunday at Highlands, Beautiful Highlands - Water, Woods, Camera, Camp; and a 2013 reprise of To Brag Little, to Show Well. All focus on Camp Highlands. Don't hesitate to contact me at email@example.com