Hook, Line and Trigger
Seven Decades of Hunting and Fishing Adventures
by Buzz Mandeville Luanne Mandeville
About the Book
Buzz and Luanne Mandeville have created a special book with stories from decades of hunting, fishing, safaris and outdoor adventures. An additional bonus is the recipe collection they’ve included from around the world. Even if you are not a hunter or fisherman, you will appreciate the positive aspects of their appreciation and enjoyment of nature.
The Mandevilles have shared many lessons:
1. Deer that are frozen stiff don’t pull through the sagebrush as easily as limber ones.
2. Chukar hunting is easier with a dog. Always try to have one shell in the gun for the “sleeper”.
3. A truck heater works fine for thawing worms.
4. The splashing of water in a half-empty canteen will give your location away.
5. Fish want the biggest amount of food for the least amount of work and so do you.
6. Don’t forget to bring your deer tags.
Buzz’s stories going back to a childhood unlike those of today are nothing short of amazing. Luanne adds tidbits about the first deer she shot (a doe) and her disappointment over not getting it mounted, proper cowboy hat etiquette and observations of the true “Wild West.”