Sunday at Highlands attempts to capture some of what is special about Sundays at Camp Highlands for Boys in northern Wisconsin. Highlights include:
- Janet Monilaw Farr's writings on Sunday at Camp from "To Brag Little, To Show Well"
- Historic Photographs of Sunday at Highlands
- A Highlands Prayer
- "America the Beautiful" lantern slides
- Words to many favorite songs from Sunday Night Sing
- Doctor Monilaw's sunset lantern slides
- Sam Nowakowski's poem "Thank you Camp Highlands, for you are Me"
During the summer of 2007, I morphed into an archivist for Camp Highlands for Boys (as a parergon, or side project to my day job). The catalyst was the phenomenal collection of glass lantern slides and photographs hidden away in Camp's old office building. This led to an archival website, which has taken on a life of its own. But how to get the highlights of the Archives into a book? Also, how do we capture the essence of each era at Camp Highlands? Thus, my first effort at a coffee table book...On Mike - A True Highlands Man. Five books followed: A Camp on Plum Lake, Historic Photographs from the Magical Archives, Sunday at Highlands, Beautiful Highlands - Water, Woods, Camera, Camp; and a 2013 reprise of To Brag Little, to Show Well. All focus on Camp Highlands. Don't hesitate to contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org