V I S I O N S OF THE '70'S AND '80'S
ACROSS TIME IN BLACK AND WHITE PHOTOGRAPHY
by Norma Felsenthal Gerber
Ebook, Apple iPad format
About the Book
I was present in the 70s and 80s in NYC to capture some iconic scenes of Washington Sq Park hippies, Central Park snake seller and nannies, Fifth Ave. bicentennial Easter Parade, new Citicorp, new shopping mall culture and ordinary city life with its sociability and its alienation in black & white photography.
Features & Details
- Category Arts & Photography
Small Square, 7×7 in, 18×18 cm
- Hardcover, Dust Jacket: 9781320041690
- Hardcover, ImageWrap: 9781320041706
- Publish Date May 30, 2012
- Language English
- Tags senior centers, snake seller, black nannies, hippies in Wash Sq Pk., Hare Krishna, shopping mall, 70s and 80s, black & white photography, Citicorp, alienation, hippies, bicentennial, nyc
I have had a varied professional life as a business editor/ journalist in the fragrance, cosmetic fields, a speechwriter for public affairs, an educator in English literature and writing, and as a photographer traveling widely with work in galleries and museums.