Anatomies of Space is a book of photographic series; all series are characterised by their examination of space.
1. Monumentalities: fixtures in the urban environment
2. No Empty Place (is ever really empty)
3. Memory Walk: the disappearing city; a record of two walks taken in Poble Nou, Barcelona
4. Anatomies of Melancholia
5. New Unstructures
6. Wild World (marine landscapes)
7. PostIndustrial - Nature reclaims the city
Shot in Britain, Russia, Spain, Canada, Germany.
"Anatomies of Space" is a limited edition: 50 copies worldwide only.
Gillian McIver is a Canadian film-maker and photographer based in London. She studied History before training in photography and film-making. Starting out as a documentary film maker, she began to work with experimental film making, video and installation. She has worked with the Luna Nera group since 1997, as well as exhibiting her work in the UK and internationally. She works with digital and analogue formats.