Aleksandra Kasuba, Lithuanian-born artist, came to America in 1947. Since 1963, she lived and worked in New York City designing walls for public buildings in marble, brick and granite, among them a 4,000 sq.ft. wall at the World Trade Center (destroyed in 9/11/2001) as well as other major installations, two in NYC, a plaza in Washington DC, Chicago IL, Richmond VA and Rochester NY, among others. In parallel, Aleksandra was also building innovative environments of tensile fabrics. Among them were structures in Woodstock at Whiz Bang Quick City #2 in 1972, a 20th Century Environment at the Carborundum Museum of Ceramics in Niagara Falls in 1973, and a 30,000 sq.ft. environment for the International Furniture Exhibit in Paris commissioned by the US Air Force in 1980. She took part in the Art-in-Science program of the University City Science Center in Philadelphia in 1977 and 1989. In 1983 she was awarded a fellowship from the National Endowment for the Arts. Her work is widely published.