This is a reprint of a rare book concerning the pioneer settlers of New England, and it contains a listing of the books contained therein.
This is an exact reproduction (not OCR) of a book published before 1923, and it has been digitally cleaned up with the utmost care! The highest honor was given, in reproducing this culturally important book to exacting standards of perfection; however, this book may have some occasional imperfections that were a part of the original, or were introduced by the scanning process.
WIKIPEDIA: Milford separated from neighboring Amherst in 1794. Like most towns named Milford in the United States, its name comes from the fact that it grew around a mill built on a ford - in this case on the Souhegan River.
Milford was once home to numerous granite quarries, which produced a stone that was used, among other things, to make the pillars for the U.S. Treasury in Washington, D.C. - pillars that can still be seen on the American $10 bill. Its nickname remains "The Granite Town," although only one small quarry is in operation as of 2007.