About the Book
I have been infatuated with cemeteries, their stones, decorations, and epitaphs for many years now. My love for cemeteries, I cannot explain. They have a certain mysteriousness that makes each one unique and beautiful. Their individuality is profound. Cemeteries contain a treasure trove of photo possibilities and provide a wealth of subject matter.
Over the years, my photographic vision has changed from the basic to the insightful – thanks to my love of the medium and the invention of digital photography and computer programs like Photoshop. Currently, I am working on a personal project of photographing all of the cemeteries in the major cities of North America. One day I hope to expand my travels to other regions of this world, but this of course, will take time.
Features & Details
- Category Fine Art Photography
Large Format Landscape, 13×11 in, 33×28 cm
- Hardcover, Dust Jacket: 9781320200943
- Hardcover, ImageWrap: 9781320200967
- Publish Date Jan 14, 2009
- Language English
- Tags Crucifixion, Christianity, Photography, gravestone, gravestones, Cemetery, Cemeteries, Angels, Taphophiles, cross, rosaries, grieving, mourning, hope, Catholicism, religious symbols, Hoosier State, Cemetery Art, John Hanou, Fine art photography, Grave stones; Jesus, Mother Mary
Educated as a geologist, I have had a great interest in photography since an early age. My travels allowed me to develop an eye for beauty, which I have tried to capture with my photography. My hope with this book and with more to follow, is to share my excitement and love of photography with the reader. If you like what you see, please order a book. If you wish to obtain a high quality signed photograph of any of the photos that appear in this book please email me at email@example.com for a price quote.