About the Book
Slab City lies just below Center Hill and north of the Little Suncook River. Epsom by 1823 has 8 grist mills, 10 saw mills, 3 carding machines, three clothier’s shops and four bark mills, many of which were on the Little Suncook River. With the first NH Turnpike running through Epsom and following the river, the area was prime real estate from 1800 to the Civil War. Mills were already established by 1750 and powered the early settlements and home lots on Center Hill. ‘Slab City’ presents many of the photos from the Epsom Historical Association, along with descriptions of the families who settled and ran the area businesses.