About the Book
This book profiles the 18 pastors who led The Congregational Church of New Canaan, Connecticut from 1733 through 2008. In 1731, its founders petitioned the General Assembly of the Colony of Connecticut for the establishment of a new Congregational parish. On May 13, 1731 the colonial government of King George II granted the petition, and Canaan Parish was established on June 20, 1733. As the established church of the Colony of Connecticut, local Congregational churches had some powers that are now vested in town government. Eventually, Canaan Parish evolved into the Town of New Canaan.