About the Book
Nineteenth century Newport was changing fast as sweeping industrialisation caused the population of the town to explode. The population multiplied to over 25,000 by 1865, creating the largest town in Wales.
Havelock Street Presbyterian Church has acquired a proud history spanning one hundred and sixty five years and in 1887 was the birthplace of the Boys Brigade in Wales. The present volume records some of that history and, through a series of intriguing photographs, gives us an insight to the Victorian elegance of the chapel and its ageing but devoted congregation.