06 Oct 2017
Reordering an Existing Photo Book with Layflat Paper
Photo books just got an upgrade! Photo books with Layflat paper make great gifts for holidays, anniversaries, weddings, or any other special occasion. Layflat paper allows images to spread across a two-page spread, allowing your images to take center stage and make a bigger impact. Now, I know what you might be thinking, “I already made this book, I don’t have time to recreate it,” which is where the best part comes in: You can easily reorder any of your existing photo books with the Layflat paper option.
Simply follow the directions below based on your book-making tool. You can reprint your past books with beautiful Layflat pages. Keep in mind that the Layflat paper page limits are between 20-110 pages.
For existing books made with BookSmart or Bookify:
- Visit your Blurb.com dashboard
- Select Order More under your desired book.
- Within the cart, select Standard Layflat from paper type menu.
- Add to cart + checkout.
For existing books made with BookWright:
- Locate and open your existing file (*You MUST have your original file*)
- Navigate to the Covers (top left corner)
- Select Standard Layflat Paper from the paper type menu.
- Upload your finished book to Blurb.*Double check your cover and spine, as you may need to adjust with this new setting.*
- Select Order
- Add to cart + checkout
For existing books made with InDesign:
- Open the Blurb InDesign Plugin and CREATE A NEW BOOK. (You MUST have your original InDesign files)
- Enter the exact details of your previous book, including Book Trim, Page Count. Select Layflat Standard Paper and ImageWrap Cover type.
- Instead of creating a new Pages Template, use the link button and link to your previous Pages InDesign document. Open your previous InDesign Cover document. Go back to the InDesign plug-in and create a NEW Cover Template. Select ALL from your previous Cover Template and paste to the new Cover Template. The new cover will have a different spine width so carefully adjust all elements on the page to fit as desired.
- Upload your layflat book.
For existing books made with PDF Uploader:
- Locate your existing PDF files (*You MUST have your original file*)
- Upload the PDF files to the Blurb PDF Uploader.
- Select ImageWrap and Standard Layflat Paper from the paper type menu.
- Carefully inspect the preview, as the Cover may need to be re-sized and elements may move slightly. If you decide to create a new Cover PDF for your book with layflat paper, see our Specifications Page to get exact dimensions.
Pretty easy, right? As you can see, it’s simple to breathe new life into an older photo book by upgrading it with Layflat paper. Enjoy! Need more help? Our support team is always here to help!