Customer Support Engineer Desktop
San Francisco, CA
Blurb enables people all over the globe to make, sell, buy, and share books seamlessly through the Blurb platform and beyond. We're a group of tinkerers, makers, hackers, and language enthusiasts, who hail from all over the world and a variety of backgrounds.
You are an experienced Customer Support Engineer. As a member of the Creation Tools team, you will be responsible for resolving all customer support tickets for our Desktop applications. You have been in a customer-facing role before and you are passionate about solving complex technical problems. You get a kick out of detective work such as filtering through log files, writing database queries, identifying causes, etc. by using a variety of support tools.
- Provides the first level technical support for our Desktop applications
- Be responsible for resolving customer support tickets
- Applies analytical skills and technical knowledge to solve product problems ranging from simple to complex
- Work with customers, Customer Support, Product Management, and Engineering teams
Skills and Experience:
- Basic experience with SQL queries and SQL browsers
- Basic experience manipulating SQLite databases and XML files
- Experience with using analytics tools, reading and interpreting logs and metrics
- Familiar with technologies such as Java, Ruby, SQL/Postgres, JSON/XML, PDF
- Good communication skills and able to explain technical issues in a non-engineering language
Nice to Have:
- Basic QA experience for applications
- Knowledge of book printing technologies
- Knowledge of Adobe applications
- Experience with one of these book creation tools: InDesign, Acrobat Pro, Adobe Lightroom
How to Apply
Please email resume and cover letter to email@example.com
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Blurb is committed to equal opportunity and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, disability status or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
The employer will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the American with Disabilities Act of 1990. The job description will be reviewed periodically as duties and responsibilities change with business necessity. Essential and other job functions are subject to modification. Reasonable accommodations may be provided to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.