Marketing Email Specialist
Blurb® is a self-publishing and marketing platform that unleashes the creative genius inside everyone. Blurb’s platform makes it easy to design, publish, promote, and sell professional-quality printed books and ebooks.
Blurb was founded by Eileen Gittins in 2005, and includes a team of design, Internet and media veterans who share a passion for helping people bring their stories to life. Blurb authors have created more than 2 million books using our full suite of free bookmaking tools, and today a new book is created every minute.
Blurb is based in San Francisco with offices in London and our website is available in seven languages. We have fun, work hard, and love helping people discover the thrill of being published.
Blurb is a company and a community that believes passionately in the joy of books – reading them, making them, sharing them and selling them. For our customers, holding a finished book with their name on the cover is a truly amazing feeling; it’s one of those experiences everyone should have. At Blurb, we have a print and digital creative publishing service simple and smart enough to make anyone an author – every blogger, cook, photographer, parent, traveler, poet, pet owner, marketer – everyone.
Email is a key Marketing channel which accounts for a double-digit percentage contribution to our revenue.
The role will execute our CRM and Email Marketing campaigns across our key markets in the U.S. and globally. It is a hands-on role that involves the creation and execution of campaigns and detailed reporting of their performance. Alongside working in the CRM team, this role will need to work closely with the Analytics, Creative, and Product Marketing teams.
- Execute global email marketing plans including weekly newsletters and other ad-hoc campaigns working thru an external service provider
- Manage overall campaign schedules including briefing, creative development, coding and delivery
- Creation and management of Email templates and conversion of Photoshop files into html that’s been optimized to drive maximum results
- Lead the development and optimization of high impact trigger marketing programs from ideation thru to final deployment
- Support ongoing efforts to develop, maintain, and upgrade non-marketing transactional emails
- Identify opportunities to improve campaign performance thru a test and learn process and present findings back to the business
- Ongoing reporting including customer insights, Email engagement, and sales activity
- Weekly assessment of competitor product positioning, promotions, and pricing
- 2+ years of previous email marketing experience on either client or agency side
- Strong technical capabilities including html coding and self-serviced email campaign management (familiarity with the Responsys Interact platform is a plus)
Blurb is a high-growth company, which means tremendous challenges and opportunities. We are looking for smart people who learn fast, solve problems, and get the job done. Our products and services are focused on the user experience, so you’ll need to be user-focused as well. We have a world-class team drawn from companies such as Apple, Adobe, Intuit, Corbis, Current TV, eBay, Kodak, Method, Microsoft, Sun, CNET, Yahoo!, Lonely Planet and Sony.
We’re in San Francisco’s Financial District, and there are plenty of great eating (and drinking) spots close by!
- Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance (PPO or HMO options)
- 401(k) retirement plan
- Employer-paid life insurance, short-term and long-term disability
- Flexible Spending Account (both medical and dependent care)
- 10 paid holidays
- 15 days paid time off per year (with tenure-based increases after two years)
- Free lunch on Wednesdays
How to Apply:
Blurb is committed to attracting and retaining the most highly qualified candidates available. As a Blurb employee you will be consistently challenged to deliver to the best of your ability. If you are prepared for this challenge, tell us your qualifications, experience and interests in this position in a cover letter and resume. Please be sure and tell us why you think you would be a great addition to the Blurberati!
Please email resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org