Events Manager (London, UK)
Blurb® is a self-publishing and marketing platform that unleashes the creative genius inside everyone. Blurb’s platform makes it easy to design, publish, promote, and sell professional-quality printed books and ebooks.
Blurb was founded by Eileen Gittins in 2005, and includes a team of design, Internet and media veterans who share a passion for helping people bring their stories to life. Blurb authors have created more than 2 million books using our full suite of free bookmaking tools, and today a new book is created every minute.
Blurb is based in San Francisco with offices in London and our website is available in seven languages. We have fun, work hard, and love helping people discover the thrill of being published.
We are currently seeking an Events Manager to join our UK team based in London, reporting into the global director of Events & Experiential Marketing (based in San Francisco). The Event Manager will be responsible for producing a variety of events in London, and in several other cities in London and in continental Europe.
- Lead and manage all aspects (development to execution) related to local Blurb events from roundtables, mobile programs, pop-up stores to workshops and book launch events.
- Delivering events on time, within budget, that meet (and hopefully exceed) expectations.
- Development of planning tools, project and production timelines, creative briefs, scheduling and onsite execution plans.
- Manage communication with both internal and external stakeholders including the creative team, PR lead and segment leads to ensure full integration.
- Managing day-to-day relationship with agencies and vendors.
- Managing operational and administrative duties to ensure specific projects are delivered efficiently including book library updates and permissioning.
- Lead and foster communication between all participants, leading up to and during the event, and ensure that event staff and are properly briefed and appropriately fulfilling their roles.
- Own project budgets from start to finish including budget development, management and reconciliation.
- Analyze event ROI and provide clear, detailed and comprehensive post event reports.
- Minimum of 3 years experience in event management
- Creative problem solver and thinker
- Detail oriented with the ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment and juggle multiple projects at once
- Can work well independently with sound judgment and strong initiative
- Organized, attentive to detail, and able to prioritize well
- Calm demeanor and clear decision making ability in high-pressure situations
- Strong project management skills across a diverse range of activities and the ability to meet tight deadlines and decisions under pressure
- Must have proven track record as effective communicator
How to Apply:
To apply, please email CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.