Blurb® is a self-publishing and marketing platform that unleashes the creative genius inside everyone. Blurb’s platform makes it easy to design, publish, promote, and sell professional-quality printed books and ebooks.
Blurb was founded by Eileen Gittins in 2005, and includes a team of design, Internet and media veterans who share a passion for helping people bring their stories to life. Blurb authors have created more than 2 million books using our full suite of free bookmaking tools, and today a new book is created every minute.
Blurb is based in San Francisco with offices in London and our website is available in seven languages. We have fun, work hard, and love helping people discover the thrill of being published.
As part of the Blurb Operations team, the primary responsibility of the Operations Associate is to support the Blurb Operations team in both Print and Shipping Operations, with an emphasis on Print Operations. Along with supporting and executing key quality initiatives, the Operations Associate will be responsible for day-to-day support of the print network and serve as the primary point of contact for order related inquires and issues. Along with working with both the Print and Shipping Operations teams, Operations Associate will also work closely with Blurb Customer Support, Marketing, and the Blurb Print Network.
This position reports to Sr. Manager, Print Operations
Operations Support – Print Ops
- Execute aspects of Print Ops project plan specific to new product integrations, extension of existing print products, and new printer integration.
- Manage internal and external print audit process, including:
- Ensuring all audit books are up to date and approved by Sr. Manager, Print Operations
- Create and Manage schedule for Audit book orders, as approved by Sr. Manager, Print Operations
- Receiving, measuring, and reporting on all audit books
- Responsible for maintaining records of payment for each order
- Responsible for creating and presenting written reports to Ops and Print Network
- Day-to-Day support for Print Network. Support the Print Network by facilitating daily communications as needed for the following:
- Receive notifications of corrupt orders and forward necessary information to Customer Support
- Daily: Run and review SLA reports online and offline, communicating all late orders with Printer POC
- Manage daily order alerts: Missing Orders, Sync Response Errors, Errors in order submissions, etc.
- Manage Color Audit Process; working with Sr. Manager, Print Operations and Color Partner, develop and maintain workflow for regular color management of Print Network, sharing results with Print Network weekly.
- Responsible for project management of VIP/Marketing orders and fulfillment
- Participate in Weekly Calls with Print Network
Operations Support – Shipping and Fulfillment
- Primary point of contact for fulfillment-related inquires from print partners
- Primary point of contact for inquiries from shipping carriers regarding specific orders
- Support Print and Shipping Operations in management of all packaging components, including branded packaging initiatives, packing slips and marketing inserts.
- Support Shipping Specialist in management of packaging testing process
- Primary point of contact for all CS inquires regarding returned orders
- Responsible for address translations, including working with key translators to ensure timely deliveries
- Investigate operational issues, working with intra-Blurb departments and partners as necessary
- Manage Operations Inventory
- Oversight of Blurb Swatch Kit inventory at printer location, including placing orders for inventory replenishment and working with Marketing as needed for updated/changes
- Manage inventory of Blurb stickers, ordering replenishment and distributing as needed
- Responsible for receiving carrier mail, including prepping invoices for accounts payable
- 1+ years of print experience
- Bachelor’s Degree, Graphic Communications or similar preferred
- Excellent Communication skills, both written and verbal
- Must be detail oriented, project management experience a plus.
- Must have an understanding of what drives print quality.
- Intermediate level Microsoft Excel and Powerpoint skills required.
- Ability to work independently and with a team
- Ability to apply print-industry knowledge to create and execute quality initiatives
- Knowledge of XML a plus
- Experience in B2C shipping a plus
Blurb is a high-growth company, which means tremendous challenges and opportunities. We are looking for smart people who learn fast, solve problems, and get the job done. Our products and services are focused on the user experience, so you'll need to be user-focused as well. We have a world-class team drawn from companies such as Apple, Adobe, Intuit, Corbis, Current TV, eBay, Kodak, Method, Microsoft, Sun, CNET, Yahoo!, Lonely Planet and Sony.
We’re in San Francisco's Financial District, and there are plenty of great eating (and drinking) spots close by!
- Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance (PPO or HMO options)
- 401(k) retirement plan
- Employer-paid life insurance, short-term and long-term disability
- Flexible Spending Account (both medical and dependent care)
- 10 paid holidays
- 15 days paid time off per year (with tenure-based increases after two years)
- Free lunch on Wednesdays
How to Apply:
Blurb is committed to attracting and retaining the most highly qualified candidates available. As a Blurb employee you will be consistently challenged to deliver to the best of your ability. If you are prepared for this challenge, tell us your qualifications, experience and interests in this position in a cover letter and resume. Please be sure and tell us why you think you would be a great addition to the Blurberati!
Please email resume and cover letter to email@example.com