Blurb is a company and a community that believes passionately in the joy of books – reading them, making them, sharing them and selling them. For our customers, holding a finished book with their name on the cover is a truly amazing feeling; it’s one of those experiences everyone should have. At Blurb, we have a print and digital creative publishing service simple and smart enough to make anyone an author – every blogger, cook, photographer, parent, traveler, poet, pet owner, marketer – everyone.
Here at Blurb we’re serious about meeting our product launch commitments and we depend on the skill and passion of Program Management to make it happen. Acting as Scrum Master, the Program Manager will be responsible for planning and managing successful high frequency product releases of Blurb’s creation tools for both printed books and eBooks using a scrum model of product development. A successful Program Management at Blurb is someone who partners closely with Product Management and works effectively with all functional areas within the company.
- Serve as Scrum Master—lead sprint planning, daily stand-ups, and sprint retrospectives.
- Track and report on project milestones, project dependencies, task completion and all other related deliverables
- Work closely with developers, QA, product management, and others as needed to proactively identify potential internal and external conflicts
- Bachelors Degree, plus 1-3 years of experience in software program management
- Experience shipping multiple products
- Experience in Agile software development
- Strong preference for candidates who are certified as Scrum Masters
- Effective communication and team facilitation skills are an absolute requirement for this role
- Exceptional time management, multi-project management and overall task prioritization
- Highly detail oriented and thrives in a fast-paced start-up like environment
Blurb is a high-growth company, which means tremendous challenges and opportunities. We are looking for smart people who learn fast, solve problems, and get the job done. Our products and services are focused on the user experience, so you’ll need to be user-focused as well.
We’re in San Francisco’s Financial District, and there are plenty of great eating (and drinking) spots close by!
- Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance (PPO or HMO options)
- 401(k) retirement plan
- Employer-paid life insurance, short-term and long-term disability
- Flexible Spending Account (both medical and dependent care)
- 10 paid holidays
- 15 days paid time off per year (with tenure-based increases after two years)
- Free lunch on Wednesdays
How to Apply:
Please email resume and cover letter to email@example.com