Software Engineer: Creation Tools, Desktop Application Developer
Blurb® is a self-publishing and marketing platform that unleashes the creative genius inside everyone. Blurb’s platform makes it easy to design, publish, promote, and sell professional-quality printed books and ebooks.
Blurb was founded by Eileen Gittins in 2005, and includes a team of design, Internet and media veterans who share a passion for helping people bring their stories to life. Blurb authors have created more than 2 million books using our full suite of free bookmaking tools, and today a new book is created every minute.
Blurb is based in San Francisco with offices in London and our website is available in seven languages. We have fun, work hard, and love helping people discover the thrill of being published.
Help build Blurb’s next generation of creation tools for designing print books and ebooks. Develop a desktop application that will empower people around the world to become an author and make their own book. The ideal candidate cares deeply about maintainability, scalability, reliability, automated testing, and producing a great user experience.
- Develop a cross-platform desktop application with C++ and the Qt 5 framework
- Work with QA engineers to build a comprehensive suite of automated tests
- Work with designers and product owners to influence the direction of the product
- Work with the customer support team to resolve customer issues and ensure the best possible user experience
- Expert C++ programmer (minimum 4 years experience)
- Expert knowledge of the Qt framework
- Experience shipping customer-facing GUI applications for Windows and OS X
- Familiarity integrating with RESTful / HTTP web services
- Familiarity with automated testing of GUI applications (e.g. with Squish) is a plus
- Familiarity with digital publishing applications such as Adobe InDesign is a plus
- Familiarity with the PDF and/or EPUB file formats is a plus
Blurb is a high-growth company, which means tremendous challenges and opportunities. We are looking for smart people who learn fast, solve problems, and get the job done. Our products and services are focused on the user experience, so you'll need to be user-focused as well. We have a world-class team drawn from companies such as Apple, Adobe, Intuit, Corbis, Current TV, eBay, Kodak, Method, Microsoft, Sun, CNET, Yahoo!, Lonely Planet and Sony.
We’re in San Francisco's Financial District, and there are plenty of great eating (and drinking) spots close by!
- Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance (PPO or HMO options)
- 401(k) retirement plan
- Employer-paid life insurance, short-term and long-term disability
- Flexible Spending Account (both medical and dependent care)
- 10 paid holidays
- 15 days paid time off per year (with tenure-based increases after two years)
- Free lunch on Wednesdays
How to Apply:
Blurb is committed to attracting and retaining the most highly qualified candidates available. As a Blurb employee you will be consistently challenged to deliver to the best of your ability. If you are prepared for this challenge, tell us your qualifications, experience and interests in this position in a cover letter and resume. Please be sure and tell us why you think you would be a great addition to the Blurberati!
Please email resume and cover letter to email@example.com