Senior Financial Analyst
Blurb® is a self-publishing and marketing platform that unleashes the creative genius inside everyone. Blurb’s platform makes it easy to design, publish, promote, and sell professional-quality printed books and ebooks.
Blurb was founded by Eileen Gittins in 2005, and includes a team of design, Internet and media veterans who share a passion for helping people bring their stories to life. Blurb authors have created more than 2 million books using our full suite of free bookmaking tools, and today a new book is created every minute.
Blurb is based in San Francisco with offices in London and our website is available in seven languages. We have fun, work hard, and love helping people discover the thrill of being published.
The Senior Financial Analyst plays a key role in providing financial insights and business decision-making support as well as driving process improvements and day-to-day analytical and forecasting support for the company. The candidate will report directly to the Director, FP&A and support the company’s overall financial reporting, long-range planning and expense management activities. While this person will have direct responsibility within the finance functions, this role will require collaboration with leaders and staff in areas across Blurb’s functional groups to develop actionable metrics and recommendations.
- Driving and coordinating the annual financial planning, monthly forecasting and business as well as financial reporting processes
- Data Analytics: retrieving and handling large transactional sets of data for reporting and analytic purposes then working with the business intelligence (BI) team to automate wherever possible
- Identifying and maintaining the key business metrics for both the short and long term, and using this information to help create financial models as needed
- Updating, maintaining and owning the financial system (Adaptive Planning) to correctly capture and calculate changing variables as the business evolves
- Partnering with various functional teams to ensure accuracy and timeliness of information being distributed and constantly evaluating its usefulness
- Version control of financial packages and presentations
- Protecting confidential and sensitive company information
- Four plus years of relevant professional experience with at least a Bachelor’s degree (preferably in Finance but not required). MBA ideal
- Exceptionally strong Microsoft Excel (e.g., pivot tables) and PowerPoint skills
- Experience retrieving and handling large amounts of transactional data. SQL experience helpful
- Experience with Adaptive Planning, NetSuite is ideal; Microstrategy a plus
- Strong interpersonal skills; must be able to partner effectively with all levels and functions of the organization
- Excellent quantitative and analytical skills
- Solid working knowledge of general accounting practices
- Strong written and oral communications skills
- Driven by intellectual curiosity with an ongoing desire to learn and grow
- Highly organized with impeccable attention to detail
Blurb is a high-growth company, which means tremendous challenges and opportunities. We are looking for smart people who learn fast, solve problems, and get the job done. Our products and services are focused on the user experience, so you'll need to be user-focused as well. We have a world-class team drawn from companies such as Apple, Adobe, Intuit, Corbis, Current TV, eBay, Kodak, Macys.com, Method, Microsoft, Sun, CNET, Yahoo!, Lonely Planet and Sony.
We’re in San Francisco’s Financial District, and there are plenty of great eating (and drinking) spots close by!
- Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance (PPO or HMO options)
- 401(k) retirement plan
- Employer-paid life insurance, short-term and long-term disability
- Flexible Spending Account (both medical and dependent care)
- 10 paid holidays
- 15 days paid time off per year (with tenure-based increases after two years)
- Free lunch on Wednesdays
How to Apply:
Blurb is committed to attracting and retaining the most highly qualified candidates available. As a Blurb employee you will be consistently challenged to deliver to the best of your ability. If you are prepared for this challenge, tell us your qualifications, experience and interests in this position in a cover letter and resume. Please be sure and tell us why you think you would be a great addition to the Blurberati!
Please email resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org