My name is Karsten Bidstrup, I was born in Copenhagen, Denmark.
● Professional photographer and writer since early 1990's.
● Author of the motorcycle-travel book Et andet Africa (Another Africa).
● Staff photographer at Denmark's largest travel magazine, Vagabond, for 15 years.
● Numerous assignments in cooperation with the international organization Doctors Without Borders.
● Consultant with the Swedish camera manufacturer Hasselblad A/S (2008-2010), in charge of their worldwide image bank and image quality assessment.
● Associated writer with the largest (printed) photo magazine in Scandinavia, Digital Foto, since 2009 (feature articles, equipment tests etc.).
● I have undertaken numerous trips as expedition photographer with the Norwegian expedition-cruise company Hurtigruten in the Arctic (Canada, Greenland, Iceland and Svalbard) and Antarctica (including Falkland Islands and South Georgia).
● Author of Hurtigruten's popular travel-photo book Cruise with your Camera.