Ron Manson returned to fine arts photography in 1995. After earning a BFA in photography at Ohio University in 1965, he served as a public affairs officer in the
U. S. Navy and in public affairs/management at Southern Bell. Upon retirement from BellSouth he combined a renewed interest in fine art photography with digital technology.
A charter member of the Southern Heartland Art Gallery, he began his photography career in 1957 as the chief photographer for his hometown daily newspaper,
The Piqua Call. In 1997 he converted The Covington News to digital photography and developed an extensive portfolio of Newton County photographs. He is a Sigma Delta Chi/Society of Professional Journalists and Georgia Press Association award-winning photojournalist, and his work is on display in several venues.
His digital fine art photography technique is derived from his years as a photojournalist and his formal education in fine art photography.