About the Book
Do you ever wish you were offered a Personal Finance class in high school or college? Does the word 'retirement' make you cringe? Are you mystified about the stock market, and what makes for a good investment? Look no further!
Finance in a Flash - 2020 Edition includes every topic that is essential to know as you enter the real world. Inside, you'll learn all about:
- How to successfully save for retirement
- The best non-retirement savings account options
- Federal, state, local taxes and how to (legally) owe less
- Your credit score and strategies to get out of debt more quickly
- Home and auto insurance policies and how they work
- Health insurance and selecting the best plan
- Life/LTD/LTC insurance, and what is right for you
- Student loans and strategies for paying them off
- The components of a mortgage and other costs of homeownership
- What’s better? New vs. used cars and buying vs. leasing
By the end, you will have all the information necessary to begin building a bright financial future. Enjoy!
Hello! Welcome to Finance in a Flash, your one-stop-shop for everything personal finance. I’ll be your host, Mr. Flash… (Yeah, just go with it). I am a Penn State Schreyer Honors College graduate, and currently work as a credentialed actuary at a national insurance company in center city Philadelphia. Why did I create financeinaflash.com? In all my years of schooling, not once did I get the chance to learn about the fundamentals of personal finance. When I entered the “real world,” I had absolutely no clue what I was doing. How could I have such a firm understanding of advanced math things, yet not know how to open an IRA! Thus began my years of research. I made it my mission to understand everything there was to know about personal finance. What you’ll find here is the culmination of that work. I made Finance in a Flash into the website I wish I had stumbled upon before beginning my financial journey. Thanks for reading, and enjoy!