About the Book
By combining all of the 101 images, the portraits become time-based, abstract, meta-portraits that reinforce the collective idea or the essence of the publicly held image of that person.
Features & Details
- Primary Category Arts & Photography Books
Small Square, 7×7 in, 18×18 cm
- Hardcover, Dust Jacket: 9781320099837
- Softcover: 9781320099813
- Hardcover, ImageWrap: 9781320099820
- Publish Date Oct 31, 2010
- Language English
- Keywords fine art, digital prints, digital media, fine art prints, archival pigment print, conceptual art, religious figures, Ray Beldner, San Francisco, conceptual artist, art, fiinternet, celebrities, politicians, athletes
Ray Beldner is an artist living and working in San Francisco. He received a BFA from the San Francisco Art Institute and an MFA from Mills College. Beldner has participated in solo and group exhibitions both nationally and internationally and his work can be found in many public and private collections including the Scottsdale Museum of Contemporary Art, the Fine Arts Museums of San Francisco, the Oakland Museum of California, and the San Jose Museum of Art, and Smithsonian Center for American Art and Portraiture, National Portrait Gallery. Beldner is the recipient of grants from the California Arts Council, Creative Work Fund, Potrero Nuevo, and the Ruth Chenven Foundation. He has taught in the San Francisco public schools and at California College of the Arts, The San Francisco Art Institute and at UC Santa Cruz. Articles and reviews of his work have been published in: Art in America, Wired, Art On Paper, Playboy, The LA Times, The New York Times and the Wall Street Journal.