Essays on Nine Contemporary Representational Artists
by John Seed
This is the price your customers see. Edit list price
About the Book
What Readers Have Said:
"All of us at OK Harris appreciate your informed, unpretentious and elegantly conveyed observations on the splendid work of Rod Penner."
- Art Dealer Ivan Karp's email response to "Rod Penner: Rust on Poles, Crumbling Asphalt, Light Hitting the Grass"
"So nice to read something that was clearly written by a person with a huge heart and fine, far-ranging sensibilities that extend beyond the latest fad."
- Artist Julie Heffernan responding to "Julie Heffernan: Boy, O Boy" at PPOW Chelsea"
Features & Details
- Primary Category: Fine Art
Project Option: Standard Portrait, 7.75×9.75 in, 20×25 cm
# of Pages: 40
- Publish Date: Jun 12, 2011
- Language English
- Keywords Julie Heffernan, F. Scott Hess, Sarah McKenzie, Jon Swihart, Leonard Koscianski, John Nava, Rod Penner, Jerome Witkin, Anne Harris, art, painting, artists
John Seed is a professor of art and art history at Mt. San Jacinto College in Southern California. Winner of a 2002 Society of Professional Journalists award in art and entertainment writing, he has written about art and artists for Harvard Magazine, Maui No Ka Oi, Honolulu, Christie's Hong Hong, Arts of Asia, Art Ltd. and Stanford Magazine. He also blogs for the HuffingtonPost Arts and Culture section and Hyperallergic.com