About the Book
That said, photographer/writer Frank King wanted to concentrate on what he considers the most spectacular time of year: winter, when snow bathes grey rock in a white mantle that's especially glorious under a deep blue sky.
From thousands of images, Frank has selected more than 50 of his favourites to show off one of North America's most incredible and memorable regions - an area that attracts tourists from around the world.
Frank's other Blurb books are:
• Moments of Light: Thirty Years of Photography
• The Alberta Badlands: A Landscape Portrait
• Ireland: Visions of Light
• Special Places: A Landscape Photographer's Vision of Southern Ontario.
• 'Til the SOUL felt its WORTH: Glimpses of Faith, Love and Eternity
• The GENDER DIVIDE Runs Through My DISHWASHER and other Stories of Life, Faith and Mystery
Features & Details
- Primary Category Fine Art Photography
Large Format Landscape, 13×11 in, 33×28 cm
- Publish Date Jun 14, 2011
- Keywords Icefields Parkway, Lake Louise, Rocky Mountains, British Columbia, Kananaskis, Waterton, snow, winter, Rockies, Canada, Alberta, Yoho, Kootnay, Jasper, Banff
For more than 30 years, Frank King has juggled making pictures with his career, first in journalism and now as News Media Relations Manager with the Billy Graham Evangelistic Association of Canada/Samaritan's Purse Canada. Besides Ireland, Costa Rica and Senegal, he's photographed extensively in British Columbia, Alberta, Ontario and Quebec. His awards include Best in Show at the 1982 Markham Fair and Honourable Mention in the 2010 Calgary Stampede Photo Competition. His work has been featured in calendars by CBC Radio (Calgary), the Calgary Herald, Beautiful British Columbia magazine and the Irish Canadian Society of Calgary. He lives in Calgary, Alberta with wife Lori. "Frank is one of those rare people ... who makes each of his wonderful images seem like a masterpiece, with great care given to the details, as well as the overall composition and statement." -- Photographer Ed Brodzinsky, flickr.com