About the Book
The Angel is located in a field south of Vallonia in southern Indiana. This picturesque, tiny graveyard sits atop a hill, surrounded by a wrought iron fence overlooking 35 grave sites of the Henry G. Smith family and his relatives. Smith Cemetery has an interesting, if not colorful history. Considered a historical marker, it has long been a conversation piece and the substance of great speculation.
This book describes the speculation and, through my photographic eye, more than explores the monument's life over the past 32 years.
Features & Details
- Primary Category Fine Art Photography
Standard Landscape, 10×8 in, 25×20 cm
- Hardcover, ImageWrap: 9781320200998
- Hardcover, Dust Jacket: 9781320200981
- Softcover: 9781320200974
- Publish Date Jun 05, 2008
- Language English
- Keywords Grave stones, Fine art photography, Jackson County Indiana, The Republic Newspaper, Columbus Indiana, John Hanou, Britt Kennerly, Cemetery Art, Hoosier State, Angels, Indiana, Cemeteries, Cemetery, gravestones, gravestone, Photography, Hanou, photography
Educated as a geologist, I have had a great interest in photography since an early age. My travels allowed me to develop an eye for beauty, which I have tried to capture with my photography. My hope with this book and with more to follow, is to share my excitement and love of photography with the reader. If you like what you see, please order a book. If you wish to obtain a high quality signed photograph of any of the photos that appear in this book please email me at email@example.com for a price quote.