About the Book
Moments of Light, Frank's fifth Blurb photo book, looks back on most of that time, from 1980 to 2010.
Frank has presented as wide a palette of images as possible so viewers of all tastes can find visual satisfaction.
Many of these images have been viewed and appreciated by thousands of photo enthusiasts around the world, thanks to the Internet and websites dedicated to photography.
Frank's other Blurb books are:
• Blue Symphony: Winter in the Canadian Rockies
• The Alberta Badlands: A Landscape Portrait
• Ireland: Visions of Light
• Special Places: A Landscape Photographer's Vision of Southern Ontario
• 'Til the SOUL felt its WORTH: Glimpses of Faith, Love and Eternity
• The GENDER DIVIDE Runs Through My DISHWASHER and other Stories of Life, Faith and Mystery
Features & Details
- Primary Category Fine Art Photography
Large Format Landscape, 13×11 in, 33×28 cm
- Publish Date Dec 16, 2011
- Keywords Moraine Lake, Lake Louise, nature photography, Landscape photography, Banff National Park, Rocky Mountains, British Columbia, Jasper National Park, Yoho National Park, Emerald Lake, Muskoka, Rockies, Gatineau, Presquile, Banff, Whitby, Calgary, prairies, Ontario, Quebec, Alberta, Canada
For more than 30 years, Frank King has juggled making pictures with his career, first in journalism and now as News Media Relations Manager with the Billy Graham Evangelistic Association of Canada/Samaritan's Purse Canada. Besides Ireland, Costa Rica and Senegal, he's photographed extensively in British Columbia, Alberta, Ontario and Quebec. His awards include Best in Show at the 1982 Markham Fair and Honourable Mention in the 2010 Calgary Stampede Photo Competition. His work has been featured in calendars by CBC Radio (Calgary), the Calgary Herald, Beautiful British Columbia magazine and the Irish Canadian Society of Calgary. He lives in Calgary, Alberta with wife Lori. "Frank is one of those rare people ... who makes each of his wonderful images seem like a masterpiece, with great care given to the details, as well as the overall composition and statement." -- Photographer Ed Brodzinsky, flickr.com