About the Book
Inverno Veneziano: wintry wanderings from dawn to dusk in the chilly, foggy, drafty and almost deserted canals, calli, campi, bridges and isles of the Serenissima.
A large format (8"x10") coffee table book, 130 pages, featuring 88 amazing views of Venice and the Venetian Lagoon.
In winter, Venice shows what is probably its genuine face. With most of the noisy crowd of tourist reduced to just a handful of true Venice's lovers, the beauties of the Serenissima are more readily appreciated. No noise, no waiting, lower prices, slower paces.
For photographers, there are a few more advantages.
In winter days the sun seems never to rise, rather it remains quite low above the horizon line and somewhat its light is scattered in the sky, as if it was shining through a window of polished glass or alabaster, and the shadows are as long as church aisles.
Sunrises last for ages, and so do sunsets.
There are only eight hours of daylight in winter in Venice, but every minute carries with it infinite opportunities for a trained eye.
More info about Paolo De Faveri can be found here:
Features & Details
- Primary Category: Fine Art Photography
Project Option: Standard Landscape, 10×8 in, 25×20 cm
# of Pages: 130
- Softcover: 9781320207997
- Hardcover, Dust Jacket: 9781320208000
- Hardcover, ImageWrap: 9781320208017
- Publish Date: Nov 12, 2014
- Language English
- Keywords de faveri, paolo de faveri, landscape photography, urban photography, fine art photography, fine art, architectural photography, venice in winter, coffee table, coffee table book, venice coffee table book, italy coffee table book, panoramic photography, venice photos, venice pictures, unusual venice, venice off season, venice out of season, off season, out of season, venice lovers, laguna veneta, venetian lagoon, the lido, fog in venice, mist in venice, foggy venice, misty venice, faveri, paolo, cityscape, cityscapes, architecture, venice, venezia, venedig, winter, inverno, hiver, italy, panorama, panoramas, pano, panos, panoramic, laguna, burano, lido, fog, mist, haze, mood, moody, foggy, misty, hazy
I am an italian landscape photographer and I live in the country side not far from Turin in Piedmont, North west of Italy. The area where I live is a land where nature shows its beauty in many different and constantly changing ways. Piedmont is a region offering uncountable photographic subjects that I depict with a serene, intimate style. I shoot primarily around dawn and sunset, when light is at its best, and when hard or somehow unusual weather conditions contribute to provide the scene with unique drama and mood, pursuing the aim of depicting the innermost beauty of nature by focusing on its essential elements of colours, patterns and textures. More info about Paolo De Faveri can be found here: http://paolodefaveri.photoshelter.com/ http://www.photoworkshopsitaly.com/