It’s easy to fall into the habit of organizing our lives with digital calendars and nonstop notifications, but there is something to be said for the power of putting pen to paper. Scheduling activities, setting goals, and checking off lists by hand can help us feel focused and energized as we tackle each day.
Plus, nobody knows your daily routine better than you do. So instead of settling for an online organizer that’s one-size-fits-all, make your own personal planner or create a professional-looking Notebook or Journal that is uniquely you. With Blurb’s free desktop software, BookWright, it’s easy to create your own planner with personalized layouts and features that fit your schedule and your style, cover to cover. Time to get organized!
1. Choose your size
To start creating a custom planner in BookWright, select Notebooks as your format. This option gives you up to 480 pages for scheduling, journaling, or note-taking, so there’s plenty of room to personalize as you go! Then decide on a book size: 5 x 8 inches, 6 x 9 inches, or 8 x 10 inches. Do you want a more compact frame to tote on the go, or full-size pages to work out big plans and ideas at your desk.
2. Pick a page style (or several!)
You can create your own personal planner with lined, grid, or blank pages throughout—or mix and match to create a customized look on each page spread. Will you need more space for calendars, charts, and checklists, or extra blank pages for brainstorming? Have no fear: BookWright lets you add or adjust page styles every step of the way, so you can always change your mind later.
3. Select a cover type
Decide the type of cover you want; whether a Softcover, Hardcover, or Hardcover with Dust Jacket is more your style. You can circle back and finish designing your cover after all your pages are done, or dig into the cover design right away. Check out the prebuilt cover layouts in BookWright, which let you drag and drop images or add text instantly. If you have your own vision in mind, you can also build your own planner cover from scratch.
4. Get creative with special features
You don’t have to be an artist to create your own planner. Just think about which kind of design elements fit your personal style. Do you prefer colorful flourishes, or simple lines and clean layouts? There are lots of ways to add extra flair to your pages:
- Experiment with the Apply Page Colors feature, to brighten up your book design
- Use the Draw Photo Containers and Text Containers tool to help create space for feature images and headlines
- Add your own drawings, doodles, or photos to make it personal. Simply drag and drop a JPEG image onto the page layout from your computer desktop
- Include custom lettering and fonts, or inspirational quote to keep you motivated year-round
- Use the Draw Shapes tool in BookWright to create geometric elements on your page
- Squares, circles, and triangles not only add visual interest, they can call attention to special notes and reminders
- Add details for special occasions, holidays, or New Year’s resolutions
Today is the perfect day to make your own personal planner! Download BookWright now and start designing a planner to keep, gift, or sell.