With the constant ups and downs of this year, it was the ingenuity of creators who provided glimmers of hope and inspiration in a world of chaos. The photographers among us captured the new moments we shared together, turning them into something worth holding on to. Photojournalists documented communities coming together to support and uplift each other. Street artists transformed boarded-up businesses into works of art. It’s time to celebrate their craft, while also inspiring and igniting others to bring their creative dreams to life.
This year, we’re celebrating the creator, the artist, the legend in all of us. How did you see this year? It’s Blurb’s moment, your moment, our moment. #MyBlurbMoment
How to Enter
- Share a photo on Twitter that represents your creative moment of the year. Be sure to include #MyBlurbMoment in your post.
- Tag the creator who inspires you most
State-of-the-art mirrorless digital camera with 16-50mm lens and accessory kit.
Want 35% Off Your First Blurb Book?
OFFICIAL RULES (“Official Rules”)
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER, WIN OR CLAIM PRIZES. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT WILL NOT INCREASE AN ENTRANT’S CHANCES OF WINNING. YOU MUST HAVE INTERNET ACCESS, A VALID EMAIL ADDRESS AND TWITTER ACCOUNT TO PARTICIPATE. MANY WILL ENTER, ONE WILL WIN.
BY POSTING AN ENTRY YOU ARE INDICATING THAT YOU HAVE READ, UNDERSTOOD AND FULLY AGREE TO THESE RULES. DO NOT POST AN ENTRY WITHOUT REVIEWING THESE RULES.
VOID IN FLORIDA, NEW YORK, COLORADO, RHODE ISLAND, OUTSIDE THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA AND WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW.
#MyBlurbMoment (“Promotion”) is sponsored by Blurb, Inc. (“Sponsor”), 600 California St., 11th Floor, San Francisco, CA 94108.
1. PROMOTION PERIOD: The Promotion begins on Monday, November 9th, 2020 at 12:01 AM Pacific Standard Time (“PST”) and ends on Wednesday, December 9th, 2020, at 11:59 PM PST (“Promotion Period”). The Promotion consists of a “Giveaway.” The Administrator’s computer is the Promotion’s official clock. The Promotion is structured as a “Giveaway” with one (1) Promotion entry winner selected at random on the date(s) set forth herein.
2. ELIGIBILITY: This Promotion is offered only to individuals who are at least eighteen (18) years old (or at least having attained the age of majority for their state of domicile) at the time of entry and are residents of the United States, excepting residents of Florida, New York, Colorado and Rhode Island who are not eligible. Employees of Sponsor, Administrator, and any of their respective owners, parent companies, affiliates, directors, subsidiaries, franchisees, representatives, advertising, promotion and production agencies, agents (collectively, the “Promotion Entities”) and their immediate family members (i.e., spouse, parent, child, sibling, and the “steps” of each) and persons living in the same household of each (whether related or not) are not eligible to participate in the Promotion. Void where prohibited or restricted by law. All federal, state and local laws apply. Participation constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and Sponsor and Administrator’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Promotion. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein. Entrants and/or the potential winner may be required to provide proof of identification and eligibility as required by Sponsor or Administrator. If it is discovered or suspected that an entrant has registered or attempted to register for the Promotion using multiple identities, all of that entrant’s entries will be declared null and void and any prize an entrant might have been entitled to win will not be awarded any may be revoked. Use of any automated system or any like methods to participate in the Promotion is prohibited and will result in disqualification of any entrant attempting such use.
3. HOW TO ENTER THE SWEEPSTAKES: To enter, an entrant qualified under the terms of these rules (an “Entrant”) must, on Twitter, (1) post a photo (2) using the “#MyBlurbMoment” hashtag, and (3) tag their favorite “creator”. A creator is someone that inspires the entrant; there are no limitations on who is a “creator.” Entries posting photos that violate third party rights or are harmful, threatening, abusive, tortious, defamatory, libelous, vulgar, obscene, pornographic, lewd, profane, hateful, racially ethnically or otherwise objectionable, or in violation of applicable laws including but not limited to state and federal law protecting minors and incompetent persons, as determined by the Administrator in their sole discretion, are void. An Entrant shall make no more than one (1) Entry during the Promotion Period. In the event that a household enters the Promotion using more than three (3) unique Twitter accounts, all of the Entries (as defined above) associated with that household (determined by Sponsor or Administrator in their sole discretion) may be disqualified. If it is discovered or suspected, in Sponsor’s sole discretion, that an Entrant plays or attempts to receive more than the stated number of Entries, all of that Entrant’s Entries, in Sponsor’s sole discretion, may be declared null and void and any prize(s) he/she might have been entitled to will not be awarded to him/her. In the event of a dispute as to the identity of an Entrant, the entry will be declared made by the primary account holder of the account associated with the email address used. The “primary account holder” is the natural person assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address. The potential winner may be required to show proof of being the email address holder.
4. RANDOM DRAWING: Administrator will randomly select one (1) potential Sweepstakes winner for the prize package designated below, on the date designated below, from among all eligible entries received between the starting and ending dates for the giveaway. Each selected winner is deemed to be a potential winner, pending verification of eligibility and compliance with these Official Rules, as determined by Sponsor and Administrator, in their sole and absolute discretion.
|Prize||Entry Start Date/Time||Entry End Date/Time||Drawing Date|
|Sony Alpha A6000 Mirrorless Digital Camera with 16-50mm Lens and Accessory Kit||Monday, November 9th, 2020 at 12:01 AM PST||Wednesday, December 9th, 2020, at 11:59 PM PST||Tuesday, January 5th, 2021|
5. PRIZES, ODDS OF WINNING, AND APPROXIMATE RETAIL VALUE (“ARV”):
A. Sweepstakes Prizes:
i. Sony Alpha A6000 Mirrorless Digital Camera with 16-50mm Lens and Accessory Kit
ii. PRIZE PROVIDERS:
Blurb Inc., (https://www.blurb.com located at 600 California St, 11th Floor, San Francisco, CA 94108) (“Blurb”) will provide the prizes described herein for the winner as described above for this Promotion only.
B. Total ARV:
$548.00 – Sony Alpha A6000 Mirrorless Digital Camera with 16-50mm Lens and Accessory Kit
C. Odds of Winning/Limit: The odds of winning the prize depends on the total number of eligible Entries received during the Promotion Period. The potential winner will be selected via random drawing.
D. General: The actual value of prizes is subject to price fluctuations in the consumer marketplace based on, among other things, any gap in time between the date the ARV is estimated for purposes of these Official Rules and the date the prize is awarded or redeemed. In such a case, winner will not receive difference between actual and ARV. In no event will more prizes than are stated in these Official Rules be awarded. If, for any reason, more prize notifications are sent (or more claims are received) than the number of prizes offered, as set forth in these Official Rules, Sponsor reserves the right to award the intended number of prizes through a random drawing from among all eligible prize claims received. No prize substitution or exchange will be allowed, except by Sponsor, who reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value in case of unavailability of a prize. All prizes will be awarded assuming a sufficient number of eligible Entries are received and prizes are properly claimed.
E. Winners List: The list of winners will be available from January 5th, 2021 until February 5th, 2021 at www.blurb.com/blog/myblurbmomentwinner
6. HOW TO CLAIM A PRIZE: On or about Tuesday, January 5th, 2021 , Administrator will notify the potential winner via Twitter, at the Twitter account provided at the time of entry, requesting that the potential winner respond to a specified email address with full name, address, phone number, email address, date of birth and Twitter user name. Failure to respond to the verification notice within twenty-four (24) hours with the requested information, or if notification is undeliverable after two (2) attempts will result in disqualification. Before being declared a winner, the potential winner will be required to execute an Affidavit of Eligibility/Liability and tax acknowledgment (“Affidavit”). The potential winner may be asked to provide a Publicity Release if permitted by law. The potential winner must return a fully executed Affidavit to the Sponsor or its authorized designee within seven (7) calendar days from the date it is postmarked as being sent to the potential winner or the prize may (in Sponsor’s sole discretion) be forfeited. If a potential winner is disqualified, found to be ineligible or not in compliance with these Official Rules, declines to accept a prize, or in the event that the potential winner fails to return an executed Affidavit within the seven (7) calendar day deadline (if applicable), the prize may be forfeited. If the prize is forfeited, the prize may be awarded to an alternate winner, selected in a random drawing from among all remaining eligible entries, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. The Sweepstakes Entities shall not be held responsible for any delays in awarding a prize for any reason. If, after a good-faith attempt, Sponsor is unable to award or deliver a prize, the prize may not be re-awarded.
ALL FEDERAL, STATE AND LOCAL TAXES IMPOSED ON THE ACCEPTANCE OF A PRIZE ARE SOLELY THE RESPONSIBILITY OF WINNER. Sponsor will attempt to notify the potential winner as set forth above, but Sponsor is not responsible for any undelivered emails or Twitter message, including without limitation emails that are not received because of a winner’s privacy or spam filter settings which may divert any Promotion email, including any winner notification email, to a spam or junk folder. Prizes that are unclaimed, unredeemed, or returned as undeliverable will not be awarded. The right to receive a prize is non assignable, non-transferable and no prize substitution, exchange or cash equivalent will be allowed, except by Sponsor, who reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value in case of unavailability of a prize or force majeure, at Sponsor’s sole and absolute discretion. All other costs and expenses not expressly set forth herein shall be solely the winner’s responsibility. Promotion Entities shall not be held responsible for any delays in awarding the prize for any reason. Each prize will only be awarded to a verified winner.
7. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: By participating in this Promotion, Entrants agree that the Promotion Entities, and their respective affiliates, parents, subsidiaries, representatives, consultants, contractors, legal counsel, advertising, public relations, promotional, fulfillment and marketing agencies, website providers, Web masters and their respective officers, directors, employees, representatives, shareholders, designees and agents (“Released Parties”) are not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, stolen, misdirected, postage due, or undeliverable email notifications or postal mail; or for any computer, telephone, satellite, cable, network, electronic or Internet hardware or software malfunctions, failures, connections or availability; or garbled, corrupt or jumbled transmissions, service provider/Internet/Website/use net accessibility, availability or traffic congestion; or any technical, mechanical, printing, or typographical or other error; or unauthorized human intervention; or the loss, access, or acquisition without authorization, or incorrect or inaccurate capture of registration information; or the failure to capture, or loss or disclosure of, any such information. The Released Parties are not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by any Website users, tampering, hacking or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Promotion and assume no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, technical error, theft or destruction or unauthorized access or acquisition of the Website, any Promotion-related website(s), or Entrant information. The Released Parties are not responsible for any injury or damage, whether personal or property, to participants or to any person’s computer related to or resulting from participating in the Promotion and/or accepting or using a prize. The Released Parties shall not be responsible or liable for entries that are entered by any automated computer, program, mechanism or device, for any entries in excess of the stated limit or for entries that are late, forged, lost, misplaced, misdirected, tampered with, incomplete, deleted, damaged, garbled or otherwise not in compliance with the Official Rules, and all such entries may, in Sponsor’s sole discretion, be disqualified. If, for any reason, the Promotion is not capable of running as planned, Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Promotion and/or proceed with the Promotion, including the random selection of a winner in a manner it deems fair and reasonable including the selection of a winner from among eligible Game Plays/Sweepstakes Entries received prior to such cancellation, termination, modification or suspension. In no event will more prizes be awarded than are stated in these Official Rules. In the event that, due to technical, typographical, mechanical or other errors, there are more winners than are stated in these Official Rules, a random drawing among the claimants will be held to determine the winner. If for any reason, including but not limited to an administrative, printing, production, computer or other error or due to technical difficulties or incorrect announcements of any kind, more winning messages are distributed, or more prizes are claimed than are intended to be awarded according to these Official Rules, the intended prizes will be awarded in a random drawing from among all verified prize claims received. This Promotion is subject to all federal, state, and local laws and regulations.
By entering the Promotion, each Entrant agrees: (i) to be bound by these Official Rules and by all applicable laws and by the decisions of Sponsor and Administrator, which shall be binding and final; (ii) to waive any rights to claim ambiguity with respect to these Official Rules; (iii) to waive all of his or her rights to bring any claim, action or proceeding against any of the Released Parties in connection with the Promotion; and (iv) to forever and irrevocably agree to release and hold harmless each of the Released Parties from any and all claims, lawsuits, judgments, causes of action, proceedings, demands, fines, penalties, liability, costs and expenses (including, without limitation, reasonable outside attorneys’ fees) that may arise in connection with: (a) the Promotion, including but not limited to any Promotion-related activity or element thereof, and the Entrant’s Game Plays/Sweepstakes Entries, including any information provided, participation or inability to participate in the Promotion, (b) the violation of any third-party privacy, data security, personal, publicity or proprietary rights, (c) typographical or printing errors in these Official Rules or any Promotion materials, (d) acceptance, attendance at, receipt, travel related to, participation in, delivery of, possession, defects in, use, non-use, misuse, inability to use, loss, damage, destruction, negligence or willful misconduct in connection with the use of a prize (or any component thereof), (e) any change in the prizing (or any components thereof) due to unavailability or due to reasons beyond Sponsor’s control, including but not limited to by reason of any acts of God, any action(s), regulation(s), order(s) or request(s) by any governmental or quasi-governmental entity (whether or not such action(s), regulation(s), order(s) or request(s) prove(s) to be invalid), equipment failure, threatened or actual terrorist acts, earthquake, war, fire, flood, explosion, unusually severe weather, hurricane, embargo, labor dispute or strike (whether legal or illegal), labor or material shortage, transportation interruption of any kind, work slow-down, civil disturbance, insurrection, epidemic, pandemic, riot or any other cause beyond any of the Released Parties’ control, or as otherwise permitted in these Official Rules, (f) any interruptions in or postponement, cancellation or modification of the Promotion, (g) human error, (h) incorrect, unauthorized, or inaccurate transcription, receipt or transmission of any part of any Game Play/Sweepstakes Entry (including, without limitation, the registration information or any parts thereof), (i) any technical malfunctions or unavailability of Twitter, or any other website, or any telephone network, computer system, computer online system, mobile device, computer timing and/or dating mechanism, computer equipment, software, or Internet service provider, or mail service utilized by any of the Released Parties or by an Entrant, (j) interruption or inability to access the Promotion, the Sponsor’s website or any other Promotion-related websites or any online service via the Internet due to hardware or software compatibility problems, (k) any damage to Entrant’s (or any third person’s) equipment used to access the Promotion and/or its contents related to or resulting from any part of the Promotion, (l) any lost/delayed data transmissions, omissions, interruptions, defects, and/or any other errors or malfunctions, (m) any late, lost, stolen, mutilated, misdirected, delayed, garbled, corrupted, destroyed, incomplete, undeliverable or damaged Entries, (n) any wrongful, negligent, or unauthorized act or omission on the part of any of the Released Parties, (o) lost, late, stolen, misdirected, damaged or destroyed prizing (or any element thereof), or (p) the negligence or willful misconduct by Entrant.
Without limiting the foregoing, everything regarding this Promotion, including the Website and prize components, are provided “as is” without warranty of any kind, either express or implied, including but not limited to, the implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose or non-infringement. Some jurisdictions may not allow the limitations or exclusions of liability for incidental or consequential damages or exclusions of implied warranties, so some of the above limitations or exclusions may not apply. Check local laws for any restrictions or limitations regarding these limitations or exclusions.
8. DISPUTES: THIS PROMOTION IS GOVERNED BY, AND WILL BE CONSTRUED IN ACCORDANCE WITH, THE LAWS OF THE STATE OF CALIFORNIA, AND THE FORUM AND VENUE FOR ANY DISPUTE SHALL BE IN THE SAN FRANCISCO COUNTY, CALIFORNIA. IF THE CONTROVERSY OR CLAIM IS NOT OTHERWISE RESOLVED THROUGH DIRECT DISCUSSIONS OR MEDIATION, IT SHALL THEN BE RESOLVED BY FINAL AND BINDING ARBITRATION ADMINISTERED BY THE AMERICAN ARBITRATION ASSOCIATION IN ACCORDANCE WITH ITS ARBITRATION RULES AND PROCEDURES OR SUBSEQUENT VERSIONS THEREOF (“AAA RULES”). THE REMEDY FOR ANY CLAIM SHALL BE LIMITED TO ACTUAL DAMAGES, AND IN NO EVENT SHALL ANY PARTY BE ENTITLED TO RECOVER PUNITIVE, EXEMPLARY, CONSEQUENTIAL OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES (WHETHER DUE TO NEGLIGENCE OR OTHERWISE) OR HAVE DAMAGES MULTIPLIED OR OTHERWISE INCREASED, INCLUDING ATTORNEYS’ FEES OR OTHER SUCH RELATED COSTS OF BRINGING A CLAIM, OR TO RESCIND THIS AGREEMENT OR SEEK INJUNCTIVE OR ANY OTHER EQUITABLE RELIEF. ENTRANTS AGREE THAT THE RIGHTS AND OBLIGATIONS OF ANY ENTRANT AND/OR PROMOTION ENTITIES AND/OR ANY OTHER PARTY SHALL BE RESOLVED INDIVIDUALLY, WITHOUT RESORT TO ANY FORM OF CLASS ACTION. ANY DEMAND FOR ARBITRATION MUST BE FILED WITHIN ONE (1) YEAR FROM THE END OF THE PROMOTION PERIOD, OR THE CAUSE OF ACTION SHALL BE FOREVER BARRED.
10. GENERAL: Any attempted form of participation in this Promotion other than as described herein is void. If it is discovered or suspected in Sponsor’s sole and absolute discretion that an Entrant has registered or attempted to register more than once using multiple email addresses, accounts, multiple identities, proxy servers or like methods, all of that Entrant’s Sweepstakes entries will be declared null and void, and that Entrant will be ineligible to win a prize. Also, if it is discovered that any Entrant attempts to receive additional Sweepstakes entries in excess of the stated limitation, that Entrant may, in Sponsor’s sole discretion, be disqualified from the Promotion. In the event of a dispute as to the identity of a winner, the winning Sweepstakes entry will be declared made by the authorized account holder of the email address of the holder of the Twitter account from which the entry was submitted. “Authorized account holder” is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization (e.g., business, educational institution) that is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address. Sponsor and Administrator reserve the right to disqualify any individual found, in its sole opinion, to be tampering with the operation of the Promotion, to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or to be acting in an unsportsmanlike manner or with the intent to disrupt the normal operation of a Promotion. Any use of robotic, automatic, macro, programmed, third party or like methods to participate in the Promotion will void any attempted participation affected by such methods and the disqualification of the individual utilizing the same.
CAUTION AND WARNING: ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE OR TO UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS PROMOTION IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS. SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, THE SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES OR OTHER REMEDIES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON(S) RESPONSIBLE FOR THE ATTEMPT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
If any provision of these Official Rules or any word, phrase, clause, sentence, or other portion thereof should be held unenforceable or invalid for any reason, then that provision or portion thereof shall be modified or deleted in such manner as to render the remaining provisions of these Official Rules valid and enforceable. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these Official Rules or the prize documents will not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. Sponsor’s and/or Administrator’s interpretation of these Official Rules is final and binding in all matters related to the Promotion. Sponsor or Released Party’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision and such provision shall remain in full force and effect. All Sweepstakes entries and/or materials submitted become the property of Sponsor and will not be returned. In the event of any conflict with any Promotion details contained in these Official Rules and Promotion details contained in any promotional materials (including but not limited to point of sale, television and print advertising, promotional packaging and other promotional media), the details of the Promotion as set forth in these Official Rules shall prevail.