Email Marketing Manager
San Francisco, CA
Blurb is a software-driven self-publishing platform that unleashes the creative genius inside everyone. Blurb’s platform makes it easy to create, design, publish, promote, and sell professional-quality printed photo books, trade books, journals, magazines, and eBooks. Blurb authors have created millions of books using our full suite of free book-making tools. We’re expanding rapidly into new markets and tapping into new customer segments and need a detail-oriented email marketing manager to help us engage our customers.
As the email marketing manager, you will run email marketing campaigns end-to-end, manage email databases and build triggered automation for our ecommerce brands. In this role you will both contribute to customer engagement strategy and be hands on with our marketing technology platforms. You will also collaborate closely with product and creative teams. If you’re interested in web technologies and can generate innovative ideas to increase engagement and sales, we would like to meet you.
- Identify target audiences and grow our email list
- Design and implement direct email marketing campaigns
- Implement email personalization & automation for our domestic and multi-language campaigns
- Proofread emails for clarity and correct linking strategy
- Ensure mobile-friendly email templates
- Upgrade our email templates using graphics, personalization and advanced features
- Ensure prompt and accurate communication with customers via email to minimize unsubscribes
- Analyze campaign performance and suggest improvements
- Recommend and implement testing plans (A/B) to understand drivers of response and value.
- Work cross-functionally with multiple internal/external stakeholders to execute marketing campaigns
Requirements and skills:
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in a customer-focused marketing role; retail marketing strongly preferred
- Experience with editing tools such as Photoshop for image resizing and Dreamweaver for HTML troubleshooting or other HTML and content management systems.
- Proficiency hands-on proficiency with Sailthru and Klaviyo (preferred) or other marketing automation technology
- Excellent grasp of best practices for email marketing (CAN-SPAM, GDPR, CASL, preference management, subject line testing, deliverability, image optimization, etc.)
- Knowledge of SEO/SEM and Google Analytics
- Familiarity with analytical and database tools
- Strong project management skills
- An ability to work under tight deadlines
- Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance
- 401(k) retirement plan
- Employer-paid life insurance, short-term and long-term disability
- Flexible Spending Accounts for medical, dependent care, and transportation expenses
- Paid Holidays
- 15 days paid time off per year (with tenure-based increases after two years)
How to Apply
Please email resume and cover letter to email@example.com
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Blurb is committed to equal opportunity and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, disability status or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
The employer will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the American with Disabilities Act of 1990. The job description will be reviewed periodically as duties and responsibilities change with business necessity. Essential and other job functions are subject to modification. Reasonable accommodations may be provided to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.