Product Support Specialist
San Francisco, CA
Blurb® is a book-making platform and creative community that enables individuals to create, publish, share, and sell high-quality photo books, trade books, and magazines in both print and digital formats. Blurb is accessible to consumers across the globe with free, innovative book creation and layout tools. Founded in 2005, Blurb has over 2 million customers worldwide, resulting in over 4 million unique book titles, with nearly 18 million units shipped to almost 100 countries around the world. We are headquartered in San Francisco.
Blurb is looking to build on its Customer Support staff with the addition of a Product Support Specialist. This is a junior to mid-level role, with opportunity to grow. The focus is primarily on escalation support. The ideal candidate will be someone who can bridge the ability to explore and resolve difficult technical issues while being able to communicate with CS staff, internal development teams or customers in a clear and easy to understand way. They will have a customer service-oriented approach to technical support, while being able to shift gears on the fly when needed to interact with our Product and Engineering teams, and be willing to take ownership of projects & see them through. If that sounds like you, read on.
- Take product support escalations from our customer support and escalation teams.
- Learn Blurb’s internal tools and products and build a strong technical understanding, become a source of knowledge, and shorten the response interval on our most difficult customer issues.
- Work closely with our Product and Engineering teams to stay abreast of Blurb’s evolving functions and issues.
- Log and maintain Jira tickets related to bugs and customer issues.
- Advocate for our customers and issue resolution.
Education: Associate degree or higher preferred
- Strong written & verbal communication skills.
- Prior experience with customer support/service and email based ticket escalation
- Familiarity with Windows and macOS operating systems
- Moderate technical abilities – comfortable working with and troubleshooting multiple desktop applications, file formats, and operating systems; ability to quickly learn customer support tracking/management system
- Moderate analytical skills – comfort with tools and processes involved in data-driven decision-making
- Comfort working in a fast-paced and fluid environment – self-starting, ambitious and flexible
- Proven organizational and problem-solving skills; attention to detail, pattern recognition
- Ability to demonstrate effective troubleshooting and tailor your message to your audience
- Fluent in French, German, Spanish, Portuguese, Italian and/or Dutch a plus
In addition, you possess the following qualities:
- You are able to see the big picture and can be strategic in your decision making
- You have a customer-first approach to support. You are comfortable communicating with our customers with clarity and empathy.
- You aren’t afraid to speak up when you see something that can be improved. You get excited about finding new solutions.
- You have a bias towards taking initiative and are results-oriented
- You are a strong communicator, within your team and across functions
- And last but not least, you radiate a positive attitude, and your colleagues agree that you are collaborative and a solid team player
Performance Measures (this is how your success will be measured):
- Achieve strong customer ratings via customer feedback
- Support customers to ensure a positive experience with Blurb
- Achieve Business SLAs for response times
- Demonstrate clear communication of customer feedback with supported data
How to Apply
Please email resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Blurb is committed to equal opportunity and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, disability status or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
The employer will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the American with Disabilities Act of 1990. The job description will be reviewed periodically as duties and responsibilities change with business necessity. Essential and other job functions are subject to modification. Reasonable accommodations may be provided to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.