RPI is a global leader in print-on demand (POD) and fulfillment with locations across the US and globally. We manufacture and ship millions of books annually using our proprietary cloud routing platform and print / bind assets. Our leading brand, Blurb®, is a software-driven publishing platform that unleashes the creative genius inside everyone. Blurb’s platform makes it easy to create, publish, promote, and sell one-of-a-kind books in print and digital formats. Blurb authors have created millions of books using our full suite of free book-making tools.
We are expanding rapidly into new markets and tapping into new customer segments and are seeking a highly motivated, self-driven and innovative sales professional to join our team! Reporting to the VP of Business Development, this individual will drive growth by identifying and working with book publishers to help them improve title availability with RPI’s new SaaS tools. This is an exciting opportunity to make a significant impact on a business which has grown through recent acquisitions and take it to the next level as we launch a new Brand and Enterprise platform.
The ideal candidate should have experience in the book publishing, book distribution, or printing space, be a self-starter, with excellent communication and relationship building skills, strong attention to detail, and the ability to build and sell solutions to a wide range of publishers, SMBs, and corporate entities.
- Execute a sales prospecting plan to penetrate target accounts and capture significant market share within identified market segments
- Discover and uncover customers’ needs and offer solutions through our products and services
- Identify and build relationships with key decision makers across all accounts
- Effectively deliver product demonstrations to prospects/customers to showcase the value of our services
- Build long lasting relationships and serve as a trusted advisor to prospects/customers to achieve desired business outcomes
- Think strategically and execute tactically working with senior leaders and individuals across the organization to achieve business goals.
- Take accountability and ownership to make tough decisions. Be realistic about potential outcomes and be prepared to pivot or change your plan when necessary.
- Demonstrate a commitment to the organization, its customers, and the team. Be willing and able to learn, grow and be coached but never fail to share your successes.
- Stay in-tune with our competitors and their solutions. Push internally to continually evolve the company and leap-frog the competition.
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in business, marketing, communication or technical discipline
- 5+ years in a book publishing, commercial printing, SaaS web2print sales/solutions consultant role
- Proven success in executing outbound targeted sales/marketing programs to achieve desired results
- Excellent negotiation skills with external customers and internal cross functional teams
- Demonstrated closing skills. Must have a proven track record of closing significant new business
- Experience delivering product demonstrations that create value, develop and comfortably present business solutions to executive level audiences
- Experience using Salesforce or other CRMs, Microsoft Office Suite, Google Suite
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Detail oriented but able to see the big picture
- A team player who performs well independently
- Must be a confident, adaptable self-starter who thrives in an empowered, fast-paced environment
- Salary (base + commission) commensurate with experience
- 100% remote team
- Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance
- 401(k) retirement plan
- Employer-paid life insurance, short-term and long-term disability
- Flexible Spending Accounts for medical, dependent care, and transportation expenses
- Paid Holidays
How to Apply
Please email resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Blurb is committed to equal opportunity and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, disability status or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
The employer will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the American with Disabilities Act of 1990. The job description will be reviewed periodically as duties and responsibilities change with business necessity. Essential and other job functions are subject to modification. Reasonable accommodations may be provided to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.