Senior Manager, Business Development
San Francisco, CA
Blurb® is a book-making platform and creative community that enables individuals to create, publish, share and sell high-quality photo books, trade books, and magazines in both print and digital formats. Blurb is accessible to consumers across the globe with free, innovative book creation and layout tools. Founded in 2005, Blurb has over 2 million customers worldwide, resulting in over 4 million unique book titles, with nearly 18 million units shipped to almost 100 countries around the world. We are headquartered in San Francisco.
Blurb is seeking a motivated, high energy and solution-oriented Senior Manager, Business Development to contribute to the revenue growth of the company. The individual in this important role will identify, negotiate, develop and manage new strategic and tactical business relationships of scale that deliver significant sources of new customers to Blurb and/or other relationships that leverage Blurb’s book and magazine creation platform. The ideal candidate must possess a combination of critical thinking, business development and strategic sales skills. Candidates must also possess outstanding communication skills and an enthusiasm for working in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment.
This position will report to Blurb’s senior management and is based in the company’s San Francisco office.
- Contribute to the business development strategy for Blurb including identifying target partner candidates, establishing evaluation criteria / rationale, and prioritizing targets in relation to strategic and financial goals.
- Prospect, qualify, negotiate and close deals with targeted strategic partners in an aggressive time-frame
- Develop innovative solutions that anticipate and deliver value for Blurb’s partners
- Leverage appropriate deal structure and terms to align strategic priorities with partners
- Manage, rationalize and fully maximize existing portfolio of current partnerships
Education: BA or BS degree required, MBA preferred.
Work Experience: 3-5+ years of end-to-end business development experience identifying, developing, and negotiating successful revenue-driving partnerships.
- Proven track record of successful high level negotiations and execution with high standards of professionalism
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically and creatively while applying sound business judgment and quantitative analysis
- Excellent oral and written skills to communicate complex issues and influence others internally and externally
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability gain respect of senior management and external executives
- Experience with publishing, e-commerce and/or consumer technology strongly preferred
- Ability to build consensus and experience aligning and driving cross-functional groups
- Self-motivated with a high level of initiative, decisive, with a "get it done" and “deliver results” mentality
- Strong operational mindset
- Creative, resourceful, detail-oriented, highly organized
- Passion for big challenges and a good sense of humor
- Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance (PPO or HMO options)
- 401(k) retirement plan
- Employer-paid life insurance, short-term and long-term disability
- Flexible Spending Accounts for medical, dependent care, and transportation expenses
- Free lunch on Wednesdays
- $300 credit a year to create your own books with Blurb
How to Apply
Please email resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Blurb is committed to equal opportunity and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, disability status or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
The employer will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the American with Disabilities Act of 1990. The job description will be reviewed periodically as duties and responsibilities change with business necessity. Essential and other job functions are subject to modification. Reasonable accommodations may be provided to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.