Senior UX Designer
San Francisco, CA
Blurb® is a book-making platform and creative community that enables individuals to create, publish, share and sell high-quality photo books, trade books, and magazines in both print and digital formats. Blurb is accessible to consumers across the globe with free, innovative book creation and layout tools. Founded in 2005, Blurb has over 2 million customers worldwide, resulting in over 4 million unique book titles, with nearly 18 million units shipped to almost 100 countries around the world. We are headquartered in San Francisco.
Blurb is seeking a UX Designer who will be responsible for synthesizing customer needs into useful, usable and desirable experiences. In this role, you will distill the complexity of the publishing process into a simple and rewarding experience that empowers creative people to bring their vision into to the world in the form of beautiful print products. This role will need to lead as well as collaborate across teams to define the end-to-end user experience for Blurb’s extensive online, desktop, and mobile creation and selling platform.
This position reports to the Senior Product Manager and is based in Blurb’s San Francisco office.
- Work collaboratively with product managers and developers in an iterative design process to define user issues and solutions
- Use qualitative and quantitative data to build products that serve our users’ real needs and be able to articulate the “Why” behind UX decisions (e.g. KPI’s and user success metrics)
- Understand and incorporate complex technical and business requirements into compelling UX designs
- Create wireframes, prototypes and high-fidelity designs based on high-level business, functional, and technical requirements
- Build out new features while evolving the existing user experience of our customers
- Knowledge of Agile methodology and feeding the design process into that framework
- Identify industry best practices for user experience and ensure that they are leveraged throughout the product
- 3+ years experience designing end-to-end digital experience from ideation to validation to implementation
- Online portfolio with great examples of UI/UX design
- Experience with responsive design
- Proficiency in design tools (Adobe Creative Suite, Invision, Sketch, etc)
- Excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills
- Solid knowledge of HTML and CSS
- Bachelor’s Degree in graphic design or related field
- Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance (PPO or HMO options)
- 401(k) retirement plan
- Employer-paid life insurance, short-term and long-term disability
- Flexible Spending Accounts for medical, dependent care, and transportation expenses
- 10 paid holidays
- 15 days paid time off per year (with tenure-based increases after two years)
- Free lunch on Wednesdays
- $300 credit a year to create your own books with Blurb
How to Apply
Please email resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Blurb is committed to equal opportunity and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, disability status or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
The employer will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the American with Disabilities Act of 1990. The job description will be reviewed periodically as duties and responsibilities change with business necessity. Essential and other job functions are subject to modification. Reasonable accommodations may be provided to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.