Social Media Community Coordinator - Contract
Blurb® is an indie publishing and marketing platform—we help people create, publish, and sell one-of-a-kind books. What kind of books? Any kind you can imagine—in print, ebook, and magazine formats.
On the Brand and Creative team, we have the enviable job of telling the world about not only the fantastic publishing platform we've created but the incredible books that our global community of customers publishes daily. As a company, we believe that everyone has a story to tell—and it's our job to help them discover how to put it into print. And with Blurb growing and innovating, it’s truly an exciting time in the brand’s journey.
Our social media team is being built from the ground up. As our community coordinator, you’ll be responsible for growing and nurturing the Blurb brand on social networks (currently YouTube, Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram). You’ll work with existing Blurb bookmakers, influencers, and our own creative team to gather existing content and create new content that inspires, educates, and engages.
As the community coordinator at Blurb, you'll create a vibrant online community with passionate photographers, authors, artists, designers, and consumers worldwide. To do that, you get to collaborate with a thoughtful, passionate, and dedicated internal team on paid and organic social content—plus with creative and exhilarating bookmakers around the globe.
You'll report to Aer, our senior content strategist. You'll be a founding member of the three-person, in-house social media team and work closely with a social media manager and digital creator.
On a day-to-day basis, you’ll:
- Discover and grow relationships with social media influencers in the photography, author, poetry, graphic design, cookbook, and illustration communities (to name a few).
- Create and curate content that inspires, educates, and engages our online audiences—with a particular focus on user-generated content.
- Upload, quality check, and schedule social media posts, videos, and blogs—ensuring only high-quality user-generated and branded content make it onto Blurb channels.
- Manage relationships with influencers and bookmakers, providing clear communication of creative briefs, managing deadlines, and ensuring contracts are signed.
- Provide creative direction and guidance to influencers and bookmakers in the community who contribute content for social media posts and blog, email, and web content.
- Regularly report on results of influencer marketing efforts, iterating based on those results.
- Support the social media manager in the ideation and creation of social media posts to support both organic and paid campaigns.
- Write and edit digital content for various channels (social media and blog)—maintaining consistent copy quality.
- Keep a pulse on best-in-class brands and social media trends providing recommendations for improving social media strategies and content for our audience.
To thrive as the community coordinator at Blurb, you have:
- Successfully sourced and managed influencer marketing and curated user-generated social media content—independently with little to no oversight.
- Writing talent, including the ability to write both short-form social media content and long-form blog and email copy.
- An eye for detail and background in uploading, quality checking, and scheduling social media posts, videos, and blogs.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to convey requirements, timelines, and feedback clearly and kindly with internal and external partners.
- Experience reporting influencer marketing and user-generated content results and using data to hone and perfect your strategy iteratively.
- History in making social media content more accessible via captions, alt text, and copy and design best practices.
- Knowledge of creative tools, collaboration tools, and digital platforms like Microsoft Teams, Zoom, Google Suite, Grammarly, Jira, Airtable, Frame.io, Happy Scribe, Melon App, WordPress, and Sprout Social.
More about Blurb
Blurb® is a software-driven self-publishing platform that unleashes the creative genius inside everyone. Blurb’s platform makes it easy to create, design, publish, promote, and sell professional-quality printed photo books, trade books, journals, and magazines, among others. To date, we have printed nearly 30 million books and have over 3.3M+ unique users. Blurb includes a team of design, technology, and media veterans who share a passion for helping people bring their stories to life. Blurb authors have created millions of books using our full suite of free book-making tools. Blurb is taking the inspiration forward beyond books and recently launched custom wall art. Every wall is a blank canvas. Fill it with big smiles or wild panoramas. The company is headquartered in San Francisco and can be found online at www.blurb.com.
How to Apply
Please email your cover letter, resume, and portfolio and/or social accounts you are proud of working on to email@example.com
Blurb is committed to attracting and retaining the most highly qualified candidates available. As a Blurb employee you will be consistently challenged to deliver to the best of your ability. If you are prepared for this challenge, tell us your qualifications, experience and interests in this position in a cover letter and resume. Please be sure and tell us why you think you would be a great addition to the Blurberati!
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Blurb is committed to equal opportunity and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, disability status or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
The employer will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the American with Disabilities Act of 1990. The job description will be reviewed periodically as duties and responsibilities change with business necessity. Essential and other job functions are subject to modification. Reasonable accommodations may be provided to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying