Design RePublic is an R&D lab supporting citizens and experts building the future of cities through collaborative rapid prototyping, storytelling, & public engagement.
When we make new infrastructure ideas together quickly with paper, we can have a more human-scale and focused conversation than any powerpoint presentation will ever give us. We design hands-on public engagement for more livable cities.
Transportation & the development of the arts and culture sector are the focus of our local and national research.
We work every day to make cities around the country and Phoenix, Arizona* the most beautiful, fun, user-friendly, multimodal cities they can be. We collaborate with a network of leaders, makers, inventors, and active citizens to write, share, and build both the story and reality of vibrant cities. Through hands-on planning and building, we invite a sense of personal agency among participants and an organized community system in which ongoing work unfolds sustainably.
Areas of Expertise
• Public Engagement/ Charrette Design
• Public Engagement Exhibit Design
• Event Design & Management
• Temporary Public Art
• Map Design of Assets & Systems
• Temporary and Permanent Street Graphics
• Documentation & Social Media
• Book Design
• Annual Report Design
• Visual and Verbal Documentation of Process
• Decks in Powerpoint, Keynote, or PDF for sharing in your community
• Emergent & Flexible Identity Systems for Urban Organizations