About the Book
Mourning Blooms is a two volume series. This book is Volume I. Reproduced here are many of my photographs of flowers taken around grave sites. Most often the flowers are artificial, but some are real, but most of these are dried out.
As a new feature, I have added various quotes by famous people on flowers and mourning – the impetus in coming up with the name of this book.
As with my previous books, The Angel of Angel Hill and Light is Life, I strive to share my excitement and love of photography with the reader. This is the third and fourth of several books all which will show my taphophile interest in graveyards, cemetery stones, and other monuments.
John T. Hanou
Features & Details
- Category Fine Art Photography
Standard Portrait, 7.75×9.75 in, 20×25 cm
- Hardcover, Dust Jacket: 9781320201063
- Softcover: 9781320200936
- Hardcover, ImageWrap: 9781320201070
- Publish Date Sep 05, 2009
- Language English
- Tags Flowers, taphophile, crosses, angels, grief, mourning, gravestones, cemeteries, Crucifixion, Christianity, Photography, gravestone, Cemetery, Cemeteries, Angels, Taphophiles, cross, rosaries, grieving, hope, Catholicism, religious symbols, Hoosier State, Cemetery Art, John Hanou, Fine art photography, Grave stones; Jesus, Mother Mary
Educated as a geologist, I have had a great interest in photography since an early age. My travels allowed me to develop an eye for beauty, which I have tried to capture with my photography. My hope with this book and with more to follow, is to share my excitement and love of photography with the reader. If you like what you see, please order a book. If you wish to obtain a high quality signed photograph of any of the photos that appear in this book please email me at email@example.com for a price quote.